Author Topic: St. Santa, about your new signature.  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
St. Santa, about your new signature.
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2000, 07:52:00 PM »
btw:
Do you guys mind if I begin to use pic like this in my sig?

Sorry poor quality, Not going to use that but would like to hear some thoughts  

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »
Shade....

The last thing I want to do is get into a religous argument. It's counter productive and, with so many views on the subject, unresolvable. Poking fun at is was nothing more than a feeble attempt at a troll.

Too each his own...ya gotta respect that!

Lars

Shade324th

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2000, 04:46:00 PM »

Originally posted by MrLars:
Shade....

The last thing I want to do is get into a religous argument. It's counter productive and, with so many views on the subject, unresolvable. Poking fun at is was nothing more than a feeble attempt at a troll.

Too each his own...ya gotta respect that!

Lars

Noted.

And respected.

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2000, 09:25:00 PM »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2000, 03:34:00 AM »
LOL Staga , You beat me to it ! I was looking for a good pic in my drawers   !

Aw, C'mon guys, it was meant as a joke...pffffft...

Jmccaul : I will only answer that a group of poeple who prefer to institute something they want to believe in instead of something that,well, has been "scientificaly published"... brrrr. I simply cannot understand or accept that. But hey, I live in my own attic, so what do I know...

Saw
<Stands next to StSanta & asks for his Beer   >

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2000, 03:44:00 AM »
ROFL!

I luuuv theonion.com  

Dinnae dare to post that link though  

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2000, 06:15:00 AM »
I couldn't give a rat's bellybutton whether or not the swastika is on the German planes in AH. It's only a game, and it's supposed to give an idea of air combat in WW2. It does this pretty well if you ask me.    

What gets my goat is the way people 'admire' German pilots and are disparaging of Allied ones in the same breath - I've seen this view in other topics (from some time ago) and wanted to comment. Only way I could do that is if someone expresses them again - what better way than commenting on 'that' picture?

BTW - I asked some of my family about their view on the picture. My gran, who was a WAAFI in the war, and lost a brother on a Sunderland - it was shot up by a German nightfighter as it came into land - didn't find it funny at all. And neither did my Granddad, who was on the Russian convoys.

I honestly think that people in Britain are still sensitive about the War, and the part played by the Germans. I still think that there is anti-german feeling in a large proportion of the population (but that maybe due to them beating us at football   ).

Quote from RAM:

"But I dont find that sig tasteless, nor offending nor nothing. If someone is so brainless to find it that way..."

Calling someone brainless for saying something you don't happen to agree with is very strange. You might find yourself open to the accusation that you are a "...brainless stupid..." [sic] - although I couldn't possibly agree with such a comment.

BTW - the look on the pilot's face is the thing that disturbs me more than anything - but that's just my interpretation of it (overactive imagination, obviously).

The onion page is very, very funny. Closest I've ever been to ROFLOL. This page is in similar spoof taste, although I think it will only strike a chord with Brit. television viewers, however. Reputed to be written by the great Chris Morris.

<Beware, contains profanity some might find offensive>
 www.tvgohome.com

Did anyone watch Michael Moore's TV Nation? They did this piece on the proportion of the American public that still believe that the Creation story is a true account of the creation of the universe and of life on Earth. Seem to remember it was quite high; very interesting story, I wonder how much of it was true.

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 09-23-2000).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2000, 06:20:00 AM »
<Offers saw a cold one>  

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"