Author Topic: Columbine!!  (Read 1176 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Columbine!!
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 07:23:28 PM »
You really want to place that burden on the teachers?
I mean crap there underpayed as it is.

Yes.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Columbine!!
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2006, 07:34:07 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Yes.

Teachers have no buisness doing anything but teaching.
There should be tight azzed security at schools I agree with that.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Columbine!!
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2006, 07:41:06 PM »
Hey, they work their tulips off to corrupt our children.  They might as well keep them alive in the process...
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Columbine!!
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2006, 10:41:08 AM »
burden?  who is putting a burden on em?  I would simply allow them to carryu concealled if they wanted to... I doubt that more than 10% would but I also know that 10% would probly be enough.   It sure couldn't hurt.

Talk about burden tho...... How much "burden" is it to expect them to shield the kids with their own bodies while being butchered by the only armed person in the place (the bad guy)?

I am not the one causing "burdens" here.

Oh... and underpayed?   best paid part time job around so far as I can see.

lazs

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Columbine!!
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2006, 03:51:12 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

lazs

could someone explain why school is only 182 days a year? Is it because the kids are needed to plant and harvest the crops?

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Columbine!!
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2006, 10:38:53 PM »
burden?  who is putting a burden on em?  I would simply allow them to carryu concealled if they wanted to... I doubt that more than 10% would but I also know that 10% would probly be enough.   It sure couldn't hurt.

Talk about burden tho...... How much "burden" is it to expect them to shield the kids with their own bodies while being butchered by the only armed person in the place (the bad guy)?

I am not the one causing "burdens" here.

lazs

LOL yeah average teacher pay 40k a year and pro ball players make millions and end up on the 10 o clock news busted at some strip club with coke so yeah I say there under payed.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Columbine!!
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2006, 08:32:16 AM »
use part time workers at 40k a year or druggie ball players at millions for examples....

either way... I am underpayed.   so are about 90% of the people in the states if you are using teachers and ball players as yardsticks.

lazs

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Columbine!!
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2006, 12:27:21 PM »
use part time workers at 40k a year or druggie ball players at millions for examples....

either way... I am underpayed.   so are about 90% of the people in the states if you are using teachers and ball players as yardsticks.

lazs

I would agree with that lost of Americans are underpaid.
Oh and byt the way teachers work year round for the most part.
Think of it this way these people teachers are in charge of educating your kids
and spend more time around your kids than you do.
So I would think you would want them to be well paid professions that are happy with the jobs.

It is the school districts job to provide security for the schools not the teachers.

I cant think of a more dissturbing picture than a teacher walking around packin heat:huh

And I think it would be wrong to ask these people who should be helping our kids learn to shoot one of them.
I dont think they have the mind set or the training to do that indeed proffesional police officers have a hard time shooting someone.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Columbine!!
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2006, 02:25:09 PM »
I am not asking anyone to do anything.  I am saying that a certain percent of teachers would voluntarily carry concealled and that it would do a lot to solve the problem.

I am also saying that teachers are paid a salary for a job that is part time and...

I would as soon that they not do it.  I would sooner have a voucher system of education so that I could pick the school and teachers that I wanted to pay for.   I am sure that no private school could do a worse job than what we have now.

I don't care who's fault that is.... public schools are disasters that need to be removed from the picture or at the very least... compete with private schools for our hard earned tax money.   We are getting very little for what we are paying right now.

lazs