Author Topic: A music video question  (Read 181 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
A music video question
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:07:25 PM »
I am watching MTV right now (well, it's running in the background), got interested after they played Motorhead's God Save the Queen. First question: from what year is that video (Lemmy looked young!). After that there was a video by Soulfly, "Frontline" or something like that. I didn't like the song, but if anyone's seen the video, what do you think of it? I thought it was too conflicting, with it's supposed anti-war theme and then the violent themes the video showed.

As a side note.. now that the MTV have got through their hour of tolerable music, I'm switching channel again.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
A music video question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 05:14:28 PM »
what planet do you live on?

MTV does not play videos evar on my cable.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
A music video question
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 05:20:05 PM »
Well, they had some good videos on before those I mentioned. Iron Maiden, Megadeth's "99 ways to die", etc. But I'm watching MTV Finland (or Nordic, or something?), they have some programs worth watching (South Park reruns, at the least). ;)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: A music video question
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 06:40:07 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
I am watching MTV right now (well, it's running in the background), got interested after they played Motorhead's God Save the Queen. First question: from what year is that video (Lemmy looked young!). After that there was a video by Soulfly, "Frontline" or something like that. I didn't like the song, but if anyone's seen the video, what do you think of it? I thought it was too conflicting, with it's supposed anti-war theme and then the violent themes the video showed.

As a side note.. now that the MTV have got through their hour of tolerable music, I'm switching channel again.

Motorhead is a fav of mine.  The Album that has "God Save the Queen" is "We Are Motorhead".  That album was from 2000.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
A music video question
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 08:10:09 PM »
Thanks, Karaya.

I read through Motorhead's discography, I guess I've been neglecting them, since the last album I own is "March or die", 1992, cd. I own some of the earlier ones on LP or cassette or cd, and a video (Motorhead live, or something). Maybe it's just the video-manipulation on "God Save the Queen" that made Lemmy look so young on that video. Or his stopping using heroine... :)

BTW, Lemmy currently lives in California and he has a collection of WWII articles/memorabilia (mostly German - which is odd, he's a Brit and was born in 1945).

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
A music video question
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 08:34:37 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
Thanks, Karaya.

I read through Motorhead's discography, I guess I've been neglecting them, since the last album I own is "March or die", 1992, cd. I own some of the earlier ones on LP or cassette or cd, and a video (Motorhead live, or something). Maybe it's just the video-manipulation on "God Save the Queen" that made Lemmy look so young on that video. Or his stopping using heroine... :)

BTW, Lemmy currently lives in California and he has a collection of WWII articles/memorabilia (mostly German - which is odd, he's a Brit and was born in 1945).

What they did (I believe) is use archive footage, and manipulate the words, per se.  

anytime! <>

Karaya

PS - Look into "Black Label Society".  I have a feeling you'll like em.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
A music video question
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 08:54:52 PM »
Uh.. I've been listening to Black Label Society already. One of my friends has been a fan for "years". Oh, and you can load two of his recordings legally from here (mp3), just click the download-links there (never mind all the Finnish text). He plays all the instruments (which are guitars and bass) himself and records them & mixes the rest on his computer. Pretty good stuff from an amateur, I'd say. :)

Thanks again, Karaya.