Author Topic: Check Six  (Read 525 times)

Offline Strykar1

• Zinc Member
Check Six
« on: April 02, 2006, 11:14:20 PM »
Hello Everyone, Been playing AHII for about 3 weeks now or even perhaps four weeks, Either way Im a Rookie with a simple question, well its simple to me. Its about Check Six calls, I understand how to do these. But my question, Is there a propper ettiquette to making these calls?

I mean I attempt to make the call when I am sure that a Enemy contact is actually attempting to merge with a friendly, But in many cases it always seems a bit late and that friendly normally ends up taking a big bite of lead sandwich.

So, What do I do?? I start making calls a little earlier, and then just a half a second after I make the call I notice that the con is not after that friendly after all. So now I avoid hitting the check six button. For the fear of making false check six calls....

So is there a propper ettiquette out there for making these calls, when it comes to distance and the apparent merge of a enemy to a friendly or what?

Also on a side note.. I notice in the MA that many people use "Enter Name Here".. Which I understand and respect completely, In fact I have on occasion wanted to salute a enemy pilot who has given me a good run for my money. Even if I die or Live. In my opinion they deserve the Credit.. But... Is that just typed in?? or is there a command you can type in for that?? Because I felt horrible when someone saluted me after a fight, and I could not return the favor. I did use the / (radio) and typed it in, but seen no message posted after I had hit enter. Which Im hoping is normal.. If not I have to figure that out later on

Anyway thanks for the time. And I am truly enjoying myself in AHII.

"Just Another Spit in the sky taking up space, And dieing so that you may live"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Check Six
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 11:24:41 PM »
with time you will be able to be a better judge of whether an enemy plane is inbound or outbound from a fellow country man,  and giving Check 6 calls is a courtesy from the person giving the call.......

just try and do your best with them, try not to get carried away with them though, it might make some upset........ keep at it, and it will become second nature for you :aok

as for a command to the ,  in any text channel,  type the following

.s gameid        hit enter       ( there is a space between the s and the gameid)

this will pop up that so&so    message on the #1 channel  everyone in the arena will see it.....

Welcome to Aces High
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Check Six
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 11:32:16 PM »
Yes there is a command type " .s GAMEID"

If you are not aware of this, the "open" text channel in the main arena is 200.  Simply choose one of your text channels ("All" channel would be a good choice since it is disabled in the MA) and replace the channel name with 200, and you can monitor and chat with enemy pilots.

I often use voice to give someone a check6, but I do use the ' button when the person I am warning has a name I cant figure out how to pronounce before they are dead lol.  Given time you'll probably be able to better figure out who an enemy is going after, until then I think most would rather recieve and errent check6 call rather than none at all, or one that is too late.

edit: geez, i hate when a post goes up while im typing

Offline Strykar1

• Zinc Member
Check Six
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 11:35:28 PM »
Thank you Both for the information. I truly appreciate it.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Check Six
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 04:15:11 PM »
murdr gives a great point.the fact that youre paying attention to your surroundings enough so that you see others in trouble is excellent. it will increase your own survivability.and yes any check 6 is better than none at all. S~

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
Check Six
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 07:38:07 AM »
Don't worry about giving "false" check 6 calls.  At a distance it is difficult to tell.  Best to use radio if you can to let good guy know there's a con in his vicinity.  If no mike I'd rather have a false 6 call than none at all & get killed by a con I never saw.  I always try to remember to say a big TY to players who give me 6 calls whatever the circumstances.  :)
Whisky