Author Topic: Separation, Santa?  (Read 342 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Separation, Santa?
« on: January 31, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
Santa,

I admire your Danish concern for the safety of our Republic. While I don't share the same degree of urgency over the impending establishment of a new state religion through the insidious handing out of aid to the needy using religion-based agencies  , I also haven't seen a response to this (from another thread):

"When the Senate first convened in New York City on April 6, 1789, one of its first orders of business was to appoint a committee to recommend a candidate for chaplain. On April 25, the Senate elected the Right Reverend Samuel Provoost, Episcopal Bishop of New York, as its first chaplain. Since that time, the Senate has been served by chaplains of various religious denominations, including Episcopalians (19), Methodists (17), Presbyterians (14), Baptists (6), Unitarians (2), Congregationalists (1), Lutherans (1), and Roman Catholic (1). The Senate has also appointed guest chaplains representative of all the world's major religious faiths.In addition to opening the Senate each day in prayer,"

WAIT! It gets WORSE!!

"in the 210-year history of the House, all 58 chaplains have been Protestants; and only one of the Senate's 61 chaplains has been Catholic."

WAIT! It's even WORSE than THAT!

THE US GOVERNMENT actually PAYS these Chaplains a salary!

Noooooooooooooo! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

It's TOO LATE!

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM MMED!

This RELIGION business HAS ALREADY TAKEN OVER THE HOUSE AND SENATE!

Santa! I think they have said "JESUS" in the House and Senate! HELP! Send NIFUR!!!!

Now tell me, weren't the original FOUNDERS of this Republic violating the Constitution they had just finished hammering out?

Why weren't THEY worried about this apparent violation of the separation clause?

Please enlighten me.

Your friend, Toad.  

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Separation, Santa?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2001, 09:22:00 AM »
I think their battle cry should be "elimination of church from state" .. state of mind that is.

They don't want "separation", they want all reference of God, religion, higher power, Church,... removed from simple minds.
Once you remove the Light, only darkness will be left.

Fight the good fight

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Separation, Santa?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
My understanding of the ***intent*** of the founders seperation was to prevent the government sanction of any one particular religeon.

This being motivated, of course,  by the framers recent dealings with the Church of England.

The elimination of God from public discourse is merely the creation of empty spirits and must be defeated at every opportunity.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Separation, Santa?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2001, 01:35:00 PM »
Toad, I've posted some quotes in the other threads. Examine them; some are directly from the constitution and others from your founding fathers. All the answers can be found there. Alternatively, I can repost them if needed, with additional comments.

Yeager basically has it nailed down. Introducing a state sponsored day of praryer and giving money to an evangelic religion using the same old methods for spreading as they always had are in direct violation with the spirit and words of the founding fathers.

The reason it holds such interest to me is because I envy the separation. We don't have it. Sweden just got it - and I am watching that one closely as well.

What Bush is doing isn't baby steps - it's big steps. If he did something similar to the 2nd amendment, you'd be the first to defend the constitution.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Separation, Santa?
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Then you don't find the Founders appointing a House and Senate chaplain to say denominational prayers before the meetings as a violation of the separation clause?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Separation, Santa?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
What part of the USA society helped the poor prior to FDR???

Gosh, could it have been the religious community!!!  And guess who else helped???

The poor themselves, they strived to improve their lot in life, just like they do today!!!!  Government help has made it easy to stay in poverty more then it has helped people to get out of poverty.  Government rules have destroyed the family in the USA!!!

We now have more single parents then we have ever had as a direct result of government programs to "help"!!

Where is it written that only government can save us from poverty???  

Government has done more harm then good, I will trust the religious community to do a much better job as they are results oriented!!