Author Topic: if I shoot off his wing, why do others still fill him with holes?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
if I shoot off his wing, why do others still fill him with holes?
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2006, 07:50:31 PM »
Seeing a smoking wreck going down in the MA is like blood in the water to a shark feeding frenzie. Even when you call em down, it seems that someone will still dive in gunz a blazin to try & steal the kill.

Pathetic
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2006, 08:25:04 PM »
Bah, killstealing lol.  Look, I lose plenty of kills because I have not shot them up enough, its not someone elses fault, its my fault.  I am generally pleased that the threat is gone unless the one who swooped in wasn't at all involved in the fight.   Perching killstealers are the worst sort, but a kill lost to a co-combatant is nothing to worry about.

Been shot down by planes "called" dead too.  I hate that more than anything.  make 'em dead, or I am taking shots.

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Scatcat

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2006, 08:30:03 PM »
Originally posted by nark
all the more reason to join and fly with a close nit squad

btw has anyone ever downed a plane with a pistol from a chute :)   ?

Nope, but I did take out a soft 37mm field ack with a .45 once.

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
It happens...
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2006, 08:52:57 PM »
Kill stealing happens but here are a couple pointers.

1. Call your kills! I really wish more people would get into this. It prevents other people from wasting their time and energy chasing a plane that is mortally wounded and helps prevent kill steals (plus it's good for the ego). Mortally wounded would be defined as;

a. No horizontal or vertical stabilizer
b. Missing one entire wing.

Even a deadstick or clipped wing plane can still be a threat and should not be called dead. Although I request and encourage people to call "I got him under control" or similar while finishing them off, again, to prevent other people wasting time and effort and keep them from shooting "your" kill.

2. A polite, but public, reprimand on range vox usually elicits an apology and helps train people to not kill steal (at least from me).

I dis-like kill stealers as much as anyone, but I always keep my cool by remembering that most of the kill-stealers are skill-less noobs and this is probably the only way they can bag kills.

Pity the poor kill-stealin', skill-less noob, for they know not what they do :lol

Offline wheez

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2006, 08:54:21 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I live to chute shoots !!!!

lol chute shoots

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
They way I see it....
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2006, 11:11:01 PM »
Flaming planes still in full manuever, buffs over target, and planes with just pieces missing are not what I consider "kill steals"  and therefor not really worthy of mention, much less complaint.

However, after fighting  a con 1on1,  and taking off a wing or tail, the fight is over, and "that dog won't hunt" Then some lame d!ck so called "countryman" follows the wreckage to the ground, cannons & MG blazing. This is what I understand the intent/topic of the post to be, and what I would consider killstealing.

This action is disgusting, and if you have done it, you should be ashamed of yourself. If you see a so called countrymen do it, you should shame them because they probably don't have the couth to be ashamed for themselves. I understand that squaddie on squaddie is another story, and is usually accompanied by a good laugh for all envolved, therefore not applicable for said shaming.

Thats my .02 and Im sure it's not even worth 2 cents. But that's how I see it in my world of honor.  Yes, I have honor, and I remeber when 95% of the rest of the game did too :aok .
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2006, 01:58:36 PM »
If Im in a fight with a zero, and flame him, if I looks like I may be in danger from him, please steal the kill. Those things fly along time burnin.

~AoM~

Offline sharp8th

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2006, 02:23:53 PM »
Originally posted by nark
all the more reason to join and fly with a close nit squad

btw has anyone ever downed a plane with a pistol from a chute :)   ?
i did last night it was a F4u1d on the run away at A153 or a53 with half a wing missing i shoot all the ammo and got a call on him it was 7.16 perks i got for that kills

Offline bigsky406

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2006, 02:44:10 PM »
I have never downed a plane while still in my chute but, I have scored kills standing on the runway shooting planes taking off.

Need to hit the cockpit to get credit for the kill any other hit will score you an assist. (after take off someone else finishes them off)

There is no hope of rescue unless the base gets captured by your country. This has never happened to me....I usually get straffed and die a gloryous death for mother country.

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »
I actually popped an airplane on the runway with my .45, got the video to prove it.

*BOOM* Headshot :)

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2006, 04:00:40 PM »
You hit the plane, or actually shot him down?

If you did actually shoot him down you should post the video, that would be funny to see.

JMFJ

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2006, 11:15:37 PM »
Originally posted by g00b
I actually popped an airplane on the runway with my .45, got the video to prove it.

*BOOM* Headshot :)

LOL, unreal tournament:lol
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline nark

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2006, 06:43:50 AM »
maybe in combat tour a well experienced pilot can bail out with a sniper rifle-or a lmg

Offline Revor

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2006, 08:01:09 AM »
I remember when some dumb guy named Darius1 tried to steal my kill. I was in my ki84 and I shot this guy's tail off and I pull up to the next kill. The La7 goes down spraying bullets and this idiot Darius1 goes after him trying to steal my kill. I was yelling at him saying what are you doing? Luckily the La7 that is spraying on his way down ended up hitting Darius1's Canopy getting the kill on him before the la7 died. I laughed so hard and taunting Darius for about 3 minutes telling him that's what he gets for trying to steal a kill.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2006, 08:49:46 AM »
Well this one time...in band camp..........