Author Topic: Happy Birthday Mr Reagan  (Read 519 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« on: February 06, 2001, 07:54:00 AM »

Thanks for everything you did for America <S>
 www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=85000552

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
Please, no flames in this post by the other side, we'll respect your thread on your fav. presidents birthday.

Happy Birthday Mr. Reagan, hope you get well soon!~

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2001, 08:01:00 AM »
Funny thing is the only reason I put in my papers to get out was that I was absolutely CONVINCED that Carter would win re-election.
(I did vote for Reagan in that one.)

Then Reagan wins. Had to be the absolutely best time to be "in" in my potential service lifetime.

LOL, that's why I'm not a political forecaster!

He certainly lifted us up out of that feeling of "national malaise". For that alone, we owe him a toast.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Mk10 225th

Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2001, 10:57:00 AM »
<Mk furiously wraps surgical tape around mouth, then unplugs keyboard from CPU with shaking hands...>

Mk

LJK Raubvogel

Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2001, 11:49:00 AM »
Yep, a big <S>! He might have run up the deficit to an ungodly amount, but the end result was the conclusion of the Cold War.

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »
Here's a man who refered to defense spending and uniforms as costumes! No no no! In other words a war to him is the Big Film! This is the man who said "What would this country be, without this great land of ours"....what? Excuse me Mr. Reagan sir, in the dictionary under Redundant it says see Redundant. "Weel, you could say that again!".

He's talkin to congress, they're talkin about Central America; but its not congress anymore it's the Old Actor's Home to him! All of a sudden Tip O'Neal is up there but Tip's face starts to melt. All of a sudden he becomes The Duke goin "Well ferget these piss ants! Let's go down to Nicarauga kick some ass!". Ron's like "Weel I'll get the ponys we'll saddle 'em up!".

The eyebrow starts spinin around, he goes back to his room, puts on a black cape and becomes Obi Ron Kinobi. Nancy has two Danishes stuck on her head going "help me Obi Ron! help me Obi Ron!"

Robin Williams! Gawd he cracks me up!

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta 6's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »
 S! President Reagan!!

Here's to the Gipper!

Udie

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »
You're now one day closer to your death.

Heh, sorry, but that's just what birthdays are. Depressing  .

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2001, 01:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by LJK Raubvogel:
Yep, a big <S>! He might have run up the deficit to an ungodly amount, but the end result was the conclusion of the Cold War.

Just a historical note, Jimmy Carter was the guy that came on TV for a State of the Union Address and admitted he'd cut military budgets too deep, particularly the Navy...and Reagan just took over about that time...you can find this in the National Archieves, I watched the history Channel and they had a 1 hour program about this, with ref. to the N.A. on Carters address...so we do have to give some credit to the military build up in Carters address to the Nation and Congress...

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2001, 02:15:00 PM »
<censored>
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Happy Birthday Mr Reagan
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2001, 06:24:00 PM »
I understand Reagan is too far gone to even realize he broke his own hip.  Funny how a body can outlive a mind.  Life has no easy ending.

Happy birthday and Gods Speed to a far better place President Reagan!

Yeager  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns