Author Topic: folding wings for blue planes  (Read 1571 times)

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
folding wings for blue planes
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 08:19:24 PM »

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 12:03:21 AM »
Yes Raider, we know what folding wings look like...
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 09:31:46 AM »
I wouldn't mind the folding wings, but the take off animation would be the same as auto-take off wouldn't it? I don't use auto-take off & wouldn't like having it shoved down my throat in a "like it or lump it" manner. My.02

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 09:48:55 AM »
Originally posted by YUCCA
What would be cool is the commander of the CV organizing When the flights take off..  Ya, know rasing a flight of crosairs ot the deck from the hull.

That is the worst idea ever :O  Can you imagine what would happen if that was implemented, and Hub took control of the CV? :O :O :O

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 03:20:24 AM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
I wouldn't mind the folding wings, but the take off animation would be the same as auto-take off wouldn't it? I don't use auto-take off & wouldn't like having it shoved down my throat in a "like it or lump it" manner. My.02

No, I think you are misunderstanding.

Correct me if I am wrong - what would happen when you spawn on the Carrier - you would go from the tower to your aircraft on the Hangar Deck. Then the deck elevator would lift you up to the Flight Deck, your wings would automatically unfold and you could start you engine, taxi forward and take-off like normal.

Don't know how this would affect landing aircraft. Maybe have it where it could only be seen by the spawning pilot.

!
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2006, 11:40:41 AM »
Yes maybe I did misunderstand. As long as I get to take-off on my own I'm golden. :aok

Anything to increase the realism & immersion level I'm all for, this is a great game with some great people & I'd like to see it become top dog of the online gaming world; but as long as it takes a super computer to keep up the frame rates it's not likely to happen.

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 07:00:32 PM »
it wouldn't have to take much, just the last few feet of the elevator ride to the deck. the wings could be unfolding already while the engine is starting. just a thought.