Author Topic: have some basic questions  (Read 293 times)

Offline Dastrdly

• Copper Member
have some basic questions
« on: June 02, 2006, 11:49:13 AM »
1) why doesnt ZOOM work? i basically have the 1 top view i can neither zoom in or out?

2) do i lay out my land masses then add bases/objects later?

3) do i create my own mountains? is there an easy way of doing this?

4)ive noticed on most MA maps the terrain lay out is simular for each side.. is there a way that i can duplicate area's such as islands, mountains etc. or does every thing have to be created individually each time?

please have patience with me im new & will prolly have more simple questions  :)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
have some basic questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:20:51 PM »
1) The "Zoom" slider is for the small map window. To zoom in on the terrain use the "Alt" slider.

2) Yes

3) Yes you create your own mountains. There are many different ways of doing it. Creating them with the TE, importing actual mountains/land masses, Terragen, or creating them by hand in Paint Shop or Photoshop.

4) They really need to be created each time, but you can create one side, export the elevation bmp and duplicate the areas in your favorite graphics editor.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 12:23:28 PM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.