Author Topic: Do You NEED 1 Extra Manned Ack?  (Read 435 times)

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Do You NEED 1 Extra Manned Ack?
« on: March 07, 2006, 04:01:05 PM »
Is there a way to avoid having to place 1 more manned ack than you want on a custom field?

In my limited experience so far, it appears that the last (as in highest-numbered) manned ack you add to a field will never work.  It won't appear in the hangar screen so you can't get into it, even though it's there visible in-game, sitting right where you put it, and can be destroyed with Destroy Object.

To work around this, I've taken to using one of those big, indestructible hangars you see at all the stock fields (str0 object), and putting 1 extra manned ack, over and above those I want the field to have, inside this structure.  This structure is big enough to completely hide the ack's pad and has no windows so you can't see into it to the useless gun.

Is this the way you have to do it?  Is this why all stock fields and towns have this indestructible object?  Or am I missing something?

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 11:24:42 PM »
bas0 is the manned ack object. When placing it in the OE make sure you leave it's default property as "soft gun battery" If you place it in game then you have to manually set it's property to soft gun battery by first selecting it, then double clicking it in the object selection list to the right side of the TE.

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 02:56:01 PM »
Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing.  But like I said, no matter how many manned acks I put down that way, the last 1 I place NEVER works.  It appears in the game, but you can't get into it.  Like if I put 1 manned ack, it won't work.  If I put 2 of them, then only the 1st one works.  If I put 3 of them, then only the 1st 2 work, etc.  So, to get the number of manned acks I want, I put them all like I want, then have to add 1 more (which won't work) and hide it inside a big building.

That just seems silly to me, so I'm sure I'm missing something.  Is there a way to keep from having to have 1 extra, nonfunctional manned ack?

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 08:29:51 PM »
I have the same problem. I tried just placing the manned guns in the TE instead and they work fine. Only problem now is that when the manned guns are destroyed, they look like they are still up even though they are destroyed.