Author Topic: Trigger won't drop bombs & fire all as before  (Read 307 times)

Offline Triumph

• Copper Member
Trigger won't drop bombs & fire all as before
« on: June 14, 2006, 02:19:16 PM »
Trigger won't drop bombs & fire all as before the last big patch.

Before when everyone pressed the trigger (by default) it would fire all and drop bombs.

Now I may only program the trigger to do one or the other.

How do I set the trigger to drop bombs and fire all as before? Specificlly?

I ask this question every day on 200: an always get the same response: STFU and or you need to reprogram tour stick.....

Specificlly  How do I set the trigger to drop bombs and fire all as before? Specificlly.

I now have fire all     = Press N
Fire primary               = Press F
Fire Secondary          = Press B

I have to hunt for the B key on the key baord every time now...
before (like everyone else) I could simply press the trigger and drop while firing minamal machine gunz....I am not able to make it work that way for some reason.

Sorry for the constant 200: question...but until I fix this I will continue to ask.  

I haven't slept in 2 weeks.

Triumph
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 02:29:15 PM by Triumph »
<<<Triumph>>>

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 02:24:42 PM »
That was a change in 2.08.  To drop the bombs you will have to use another trigger/button to fire the secondary weapon.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Triumph

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 02:35:36 PM »
Thank you Skuzzy

So you are saying there is no possible way to make it work as before?   There is one in my squad with one arm who is up in arm over this.  I have been trying to solve this issue but see no possible way.

There must be a way to do this. If not, can we fix this-- Or change it back?

There is only one trigger button on my stick. As is the case with many others.

Perhaps the ability to program both to one button?
or...?

Triumph
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 03:47:47 PM by Triumph »
<<<Triumph>>>

Offline Triumph

• Copper Member
Re: To drop the bombs you will have to use another trigger
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:49:05 PM »
Skuzzy wrote:

"To drop the bombs you will have to use another trigger/button to fire the secondary weapon."

There is only one trigger button on my stick. As is the case with many others.

Triumph
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:54:42 PM by Triumph »
<<<Triumph>>>

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 11:56:20 AM »
I would like to know why HiTech made this change to the way the trigger works??? I am a one wing flier to and it does make things much more difficult, its hard with only 5 fingers to make all these button pushes. Maybe HiTech can add another option ( global fire all guns and ordnance) that seems to be a good option. Hmmmm yes lets do that!
However in the mean time here is what I hope will be a temporary solution.

Set up:
First set up your key board to select another mode (stick set) 3 or 4 maybe. I have mode 4 set to (0) zero on my key board. For this example I will use mode 4. This action will change modes from (x) to mode 4 ( x being what ever mode you started with most likely mode 1)
2. Copy your flying mode (x) ( x being your standard flying mode) over to mode 4.
3. In mode 4 set trigger to global fire secondary. This will drop your bombs.
4. in mode 4  set another button to global set (x) mode. (x) being your normal flying mode. This will change modes back from mode 4 to mode (x) the mode you started with.

note: The idea here is to set up a way to change modes from standard flight to attack bomber mode. So (x) standard mode and mode 4 attack bomber mode. You can use any triggers, buttons or switches to get you between modes. You may have a joystick or joystick throttle combination that lets you do this without the key board key set up. You may also want to make other changes in mode 4 to improve your bombing however remember this is an attack setup. In the big bombers Lanks ,24s, 17s etc if you were in mode 4 and went to a gun position the guns will not fire in global fire secondary, perhaps another mode for the big bombers or some other combination set up. It does get a little confusing just think it through.

global fire all guns = fire primary and secondary guns NO BOMB RELEASE OR DROP

global fire primary = fire primary only NO BOMBS

global fire secondary = fire secondary guns THIS IS THE ONE RELEASES BOMBS DROPS BOMBS

HITECH This is where you add fourth option please!
global fire all guns (DROP BOMBS) = fire all guns drop bombs

How to use:
When you have established your target (the thing your going to bomb) just before diving in on target push the (0) zero key on your key board that will move you to mode 4. Bomb your target. After you have bombed your target push button (x) on joystick to take you back to your standard mode (what ever (x) may be)