Author Topic: Xterra and Brake lights  (Read 238 times)

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
Xterra and Brake lights
« on: June 19, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »
ok..girls ride si pissn me off

Left rear brake ligth stopped workn...Check bulb..Fine..

Pull bulb out...bad corrosion inside..The lens cover has a hairline  crack in it..and moisture got in...

I take small steel brush..clean connectors...Works again..

I do this twice over 5 months

Now it fails to work again..try to clean soket again..NO go..trade bulbs with other side..rigth side works with left bulb....new bulb still no work

Check fuzes ..good..check fuzes in engine compartment good..

I bougth a new wire harness ..installed the new harness (with new sokets) ..still no work

Check as far as I can on harness..looks good...

So..I think tomorrow..I bite the kik my azzez bullet and go to Mechanics to charge me $90 an hour to make brake ligth work...arghh...

any ideas?...on brake lights that is

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Xterra and Brake lights
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 02:38:54 PM »
Yeah Dump her.  LOL

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
Xterra and Brake lights
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 03:07:01 PM »
that would be a bad thing..

I just want the brake ligth to work..

and whatttt up mars; )

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Xterra and Brake lights
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 03:23:37 PM »
hehehe hey bud.  Not too much.  My girl has an Xterra as well so I will be watching this one closely just in case 8).

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Xterra and Brake lights
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 08:19:17 PM »
I can safely tell ya the lens is $165 at the dealer--aftermarket (fits like chit) is 75ish--(wife did battle with a mailbox)--our lens fits like chit:aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Xterra and Brake lights
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 10:53:20 PM »
My mom has a Frontier, and she had problems with her brakelights.  The 3rd light worked fine, but the 2 at the back didn't work at all.  Put in new bulbs, the sockets looked fine, etc etc.

She ended up taking it to the Nissan place and paying a Cnote for the guy to tell her that it was the bulbs.  And she said the shop guy had no idea why all the ones I put in didn't work.

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
Xterra and Brake lights
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:13:17 PM »
After 4 years in the Dodge Dakota... I still never have to deal with that kind of stuff.  Gas, oil, go.

So much for the myth of japanese workmanship.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
Xterra and Brake lights
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 10:08:46 PM »
kurt ..i drive an american car

but if you think jap cars arent more reliable....your a fool

toyota's..hondas..have far surpassed reliabilty in trucks/autos in the same class

and besides just leaving useless info in thsi thread..why dotn you go stab ur self (virtually)  .... please

i will take the car in next week after the great  http://www.snwmf.com
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 10:41:46 PM by MP4 »

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
Xterra and Brake lights
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 10:25:35 PM »
Originally posted by GreenCloud

and besides just leaving useless info in thsi thread..why dotn you go stab ur self (virtually)  .... please

Right, because I'm the only useless post... k.  Be glad I'm not an insecure teen or I could be dead by now.:aok

I've had Japanese cars, I've had american cars... Both can suck.  Both can rock.

General rule... If you're looking at a 4 or 6 cyl, japanese is solid stuff and if you're looking 8, go American...

But that doesn't mean much when we start talking about electrical problems does it?

I had a Toyota Tercel that ran 285,000 of the hardest most unmaintained miles a car could ever suffer... One Thermostat... And one timing belt..  other than that, filters, oil and gas.  Good car.  If you don't mind owning a boring car.

Its not like the japanese suck at building cars... My point is, the Americans have largely caught up and the tables have turned.  If you think buying Japanese is a guaranteed stamp of quality, then you my friend are the fool.

Anyhow, I don't need to ask you to virtually kill yourself in order to illustrate my point, so I guess I'm without a closer... peace.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 10:27:54 PM by Kurt »
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'