Author Topic: What would you have done.....?  (Read 649 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
What would you have done.....?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 03:58:22 PM »
I remember one time I was flying over a Bish base looking for a fight, saw a Bish La-7 attacking a Rook B-17 formation that was about to drop on his base.  I was in a F4U-1, about 2k above the La-7.  The entire time I was torn between helping him with the buffs or shooting his unsuspecting arse down.

I couldnt resist, I shot him down and THEN shot down the bombers.  

He cussed me for awhile on private, then after he calmed down he admitted he probably would have done the same thing lol.  :)

Not sayin I was RIGHT.  Was funny though.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 04:03:08 PM »
Would depend directly on how many beers I had drank and my resulting cognitave and reasoning skills.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 04:12:45 PM »
Id have engaged the fighter and then "run" like a bat from hell away from those nasty Bombers that either run away from me or acticely try to chase me down and kill me. PERK ALL HEAVIES!!!!

But then, id never have been caught in a 190 ;).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 04:17:26 PM »
Originally posted by aztec
Would depend directly on how many beers I had drank and my resulting cognitave and reasoning skills.

this is a good point.. at what time of the evening was this particular engagement?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 04:28:27 PM »
I had the same thing in a way happen yesterday. I cleared 2 rooks tails from Bishes. Let em both rooks fly away to boot. BUT , the time I cleard a Bishes tail and climbed away to let him go , he chased me 25 miles before dieing to a few friendlies.

I was really trying to run as much as I needed fuel. Some people do it different than others , and most times both ways are fine.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 05:03:36 PM »
Knowing how I fly, I woulda shot one of the fighters down. And while trying to get the 2nd, I woulda either gotten collided with or blown outta the sky by the Bombers (See 999000).

Either way, I probably wouldnt have gone for the bombers straight away.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 12:18:40 PM »
I woulda augered while trying to make up my mind....................:huh

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 12:57:25 PM »
Unfortunately Nav many dweebs in this game only drive around and shoot red watermelon and don't have the mental capacity to realize what is going on around them. I'm not saying that base taking is all I play for but, if he was there to pork as you say then he should have had the brains enough to realize you both were working for the same cause. My only suprise is that we are talking about a 190 and not a lghey or dweebfire driver.

If it was me I would have vulched the bish taking off and then climbed to shoot your *** down after your bombs were gone.:D :rofl

Bucky

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 02:36:57 PM »
neither... i would have waited until your bombs dropped and then i would have cleaned up what you missed... if i was there porking in the first place.

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 02:38:51 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
I remember one time I was flying over a Bish base looking for a fight, saw a Bish La-7 attacking a Rook B-17 formation that was about to drop on his base.  I was in a F4U-1, about 2k above the La-7.  The entire time I was torn between helping him with the buffs or shooting his unsuspecting arse down.

I couldnt resist, I shot him down and THEN shot down the bombers.  

He cussed me for awhile on private, then after he calmed down he admitted he probably would have done the same thing lol.  :)

Not sayin I was RIGHT.  Was funny though.

well in this case i would have slapped the LA7 then worked on the buffs.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 02:44:23 PM »
what bronk said