Author Topic: CV 's in the TA  (Read 305 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
CV 's in the TA
« on: July 17, 2006, 11:28:07 AM »
Every day I log into the TA and see some uber-numpty has moved an enemy CV offshore A1. Every day I move them way off to the corners.
The numpty's are winning the battle.

I propose limiting or eliminating control of Task Groups in the TA.
This is something thats easy enough to do offline if you want to learn how to do it.

While I'm at it, change the whole center island to Bishop control. Then no more over flights of A1 by Knights or Rooks.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Campi

• Zinc Member
CV 's in the TA
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 12:24:16 PM »
it's a training ground.. I think haveing an Enemy CV close... mybe not off shore of A1... but Close, would help people train... how to 1. Torpedo under fire... 2. How to dive bomb... under fire... 3. what it looks like to see fire from enemy CV... I agree not directly off the shore of A1... but at least a sector or 2 away for real "search and destroy" missions... not everybody wants to go into the corner and find one... many a day people request for CV to be brought.. and it takes DAMN long to ride one all the way.. so somebody doesnt take controll of it, and move it back to the corner from you.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
CV 's in the TA
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 12:35:54 PM »
Campi, the thing is, Rooks and Knights should not be in A1 radar range (base attack range). Having an enemy CV close will kind of ASK people to ignore that rule.

You can do what you describe either on friendly CVs that are always off shore A1 (provided noone is upping from them atm). If you really *need* the atmosphere of ack tracers around you (they dont do damage in TA - hence no real training "tool" you need to avoid) practice OFFLINE or at a backyard base.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
CV 's in the TA
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 12:36:26 PM »
Just like not haveing enemies fly at Bishop A1 there is no need for enemy TGs offshore.
Anything you can do with an enemy TG you can do with a friendly one near A1. Repeat ANYTHING.
Enemies near A1 are just a red flag in front of a bull and it just tempts people to break the ROE in that arena. To much chaos in there when that happens.
You do know the ROE in the TA , correct? I do, I used to enforce them.

And that's precisely why I move them so far away. So it does take a long time for the numpty to move it close to A1

Search and destroy missions?? Not needed in the TA or MA for CVs. Just listen to country channel and you get the position of enemy TG fairly quickly in MA.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Campi

• Zinc Member
CV 's in the TA
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 12:43:47 PM »
ok I understand with what you said, all I am saying is... theres a different feeling when... makeing practice runs on a carrier you can see on your map... and when makeing practice runs on one you cant... point one... point 2... it feels different... when in training... to "practice" against a carrier, that you KNOW wont fight back... or, to practice against one that WILL shoot.. even if it wont hurt.. it helps to know how close to get... before you get AA... maybe the "Rules" of where enemy Carriers should be... could be changed.. i.e. Not in the un reachable corners... but somewhere close to another base Designed for Carrier Operations.. "away" from A1... and as far as changeding the entire middle island to one country, that'll only stop people from launching from there... and also, make training missions, take longer. as you have to fly over the water to get to a "enemy" base, for the same reasion you want a enemy carrier... so you can FEEL youre in a little danger.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
CV 's in the TA
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 12:57:14 PM »
I understand your point but you have to learn to hit the thing way before you throw that enemy defense into the equation.

Your valid technique can be accomplished offline or in the TA but at bases not close to A1 or involving A1 at all.

TA has many off the beaten path bases for anyone to do anything they want to and not interfere with another's training.
Problems arise whan that attitude festers itself @A1. Soon after it's a free for all and you can't train at all @A1.