Author Topic: The Blonde Knight of Germany Frame 3 Scores  (Read 565 times)

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
The Blonde Knight of Germany Frame 3 Scores
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:34:47 PM »
Gentlemen, let me first say that I apologize for the late posting of the scores.
My wife had her wisdom teeth removed last Friday and after starting to recover from the procedure ,she developed an infection in her gums which has proven to quiet nastey to recover from.She is now home again but still very ill.I will admit that a couple of late evenings this week after the kids were asleep I did fly in the DA and once in the main arena,but just needed to blow somethings up instead of bean counting.I'll admit that this made me feel better and I sorry that I did it at your expense.

Now on to the event.

This event ,while being my first to produce for the SEA,was very entertaining and has proven to be a learning process that will make my next event even better for the community.

The Blonde Knight of Germany:

The Axis were outnumbered by a substantial margin ,yet proved to be very adapt at striking the targets and managing a good number of kills from an
under-dog position.

Axis:1040

The Allied side had a very substantial numbers advantage and were,it  seemed more adapt at landing enemy kills ,while still acheiving a fair amount of targets destroyed.

Allied:1610

Hartmann vs Thompson :

This portion of the event was very entertaing to say the least.In the first 2 frames both pilots suffered difficulties which prevented them from finding each other,however in Frame 3 ,all this changed.

Hartmann ,which was flown by DUX, was shot down by Thompson,which was flown by Deth7.

This awarded the Allied side with a huge point increase of 200 points.

I was notified of the pilot change regarding Thompson and do not see that any rule was broken.

Final scores are:

AXIS:1040

ALLIED:1610

I hope all who've flown this scenerio have enjoyed it,and thank you for you partcipation in the FSO's.

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 10:20:25 AM »
great job creaton it was an intense battle I had so much fun keep up the good work and I am sorry about your wife I hope all is well.:aok
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!
My hubby (68KO) founded The 68th Lightning Lancers. :)

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 08:06:01 AM »
i hate losing all the time...:furious :furious

any clues as to why the numbers were so skewed for this FSO?

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 08:48:36 AM »
Originally posted by Casper1
i hate losing all the time...:furious :furious

any clues as to why the numbers were so skewed for this FSO?

People don't like to fly Axis for some reason. It's been like this for years, and usually Frame 3 is the worst. It's a headache for the Admin CM in choosing the sides. I usually put an extra squad or two on the Axis side when I was doing Admin for the FSO.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 11:41:51 AM »
The Nightmares a 20+ squad flew axis for the first frame, but for some reason were switched to the allies for the second and third frame. That certainly helped the imbalance.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 12:48:26 PM »
Originally posted by WxMan
The Nightmares a 20+ squad flew axis for the first frame, but for some reason were switched to the allies for the second and third frame. That certainly helped the imbalance.

:O :huh :huh

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »
Originally posted by WxMan

That certainily would mess things up. How'd that happen, and more to the point, why'd that happen?

:confused:

Offline CptA

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 02:36:58 PM »
The Nightmares had been overlooked during the side assignments process for the past several FSOs.

We had flown Axis for the previous 3 or 4 FSOs (not Frames).

When this oversight was discovered, we were switched over to Allied for Frames 2 and 3.

We will be flying Axis again on the next FSO - Fire In The Sky.

CptA

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 06:23:36 PM »
Yes, CaptA is correct.

The overlooking of the Nightmares was a communication error on myself and it will not happen again. New Admin functions on the Events Website will help us stem this problem, The ability to keep and view previous FSO Tour side assignments and the ability for Squad CO and XOs to change there Sides and Numbers and leave a time/date stamp should be very benefcial when it comes to recording our own data about FSO.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 08:39:39 AM »
Oh well.  I guess it's no big deal, but I'm sure if asked, some squads assigned to Allied would have switched over to Axis so the numbers would have been closer.  :)

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 08:47:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure that would have happened too Nifty, but this was Creton's first Admin role so the rebalancing slipped off the radar.