Author Topic: Terrian editor map error  (Read 363 times)

Offline Rebels

• Zinc Member
Terrian editor map error
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:54:28 PM »
Hey im having problems with my terrain editor, when i go to make a map it takes the picture but when i go to do every thing to make the map it shows up as a blank screen. I've ask questions after questions and still cant get it to work for me. Ive done everything that the help file said so please tell me if it's a mistake im making or if its something wrong with the terrain editor.

Thanks
                                                                                       Rebels

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Terrian editor map error
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 05:34:14 AM »
When you use the "Make Map" function in the Terrain Editor, it creates a bitmap named "map.bmp", which is located in the base directory of the terrain you are working with.
You have to rename the bitmap to whatever the terrain name is, then move it to the 'texsrc' folder.

For example, if the terrain is named landslide.  You would rename the 'map.bmp' file to 'lanslide.bmp', then move than file to the 'texsrc' folder.

If the 'landslide.oba' file (this is the main terrain file)  is located at C:\terrains\landslide, then the 'map.bmp' file is at C:\terrains\landslide\map.bmp.  Rename and move it so it is located at C:\terrains\landslide\texsrc\landslide.bmp.

This all assumes you have created a terrain and populated it with tiles and have saved it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
changing colour
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 05:56:50 AM »
before you put your map into the texsrc folder you must change from 16 million colour to 256 colour, if you don't do this map my not show in clipboard or editor may even crash when you goto build,
Marty McFly

Offline Bogie603rd

• Silver Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Terrian editor map error
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 10:09:01 AM »
I taught all of this in the tutorial, yet he still thinks there's something wrong with the "Make Map" feature.
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare:
http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Join our TeamSpeak server, Click Here.

New forum ID: Denholm

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Terrian editor map error
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 10:17:55 AM »
Thank you FalconSS.  I forgot about that step.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com