Author Topic: bombing help  (Read 415 times)

Offline richchs62

• Zinc Member
bombing help
« on: July 29, 2006, 02:23:31 PM »
only been playing a month, tried to search through these forums to see if i could find anyhelp with this, i found alotta information, however this is my problem... i go through all the steps as far as calibration and altitude of the airfield in which im bombing, but my bombs always seem to be dead on, just to far forword or to short, so my question is when do i start to drop the bombs? i always seem to hit jus befor or after.... i cant seem to find any information on actualy WHEN to release the bombs... thanks in advanced

Rich

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
bombing help
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »
You release bombs when your crosshairs in bombsight are on target (Or when in formation and dropping single bombs, even better is slightly behind target). However,  your speed and altitude at time of drop must be the same as the calibrated speed and anltitude. Easiest way to check speed is opening E&B while still in bombsight. Even a "little" difference of 3-4 mph in speed may cause a complete miss. And remember to leave calibration mode after calibrating.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline richchs62

• Zinc Member
bombing help
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 06:36:12 PM »
haha , that answered everything.... wow i feel like a mega noob, i never cme out of calibration mode.... haha thanks alot!

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
bombing help
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 04:54:30 AM »
No worries happend to me too.