Author Topic: BEEFMAN THE ONE MAN AIRFORCE!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 687 times)

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
BEEFMAN THE ONE MAN AIRFORCE!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 11, 2000, 07:43:00 PM »
Tonite I did something I never thought I could do. Ever since the new map came out, it has almost been impossible to cap a field by ones self. Tonight, I proved that it could be done. After caping V40 all by myself, I then took off in a B17, loaded with 16 250s, to bomb A4. Upon reaching A4 I took down dar and the V ack on my 1st pass. On the second pass, I took out all 4 Eastern acks, but as I was tuning for my last run, I was jumped by a 109 (flown by SwoopUK). The 109 went high on my 6, I, fearing that my mission would end in a few secs. The 109, dived on me, I opended up with the top turret. As I opened my eyes I saw the 109 badly damaged and smoking. He ran low toward A4 to land. I then headed back to finsh A4's acks. After all acks where down I then dove toward the ground, and ditched. I then headed out with a C47, fearing that any low con could end my work. I was sweating bullets................I got cold........as I approached A4 I looked up into the sky, and there I saw a F4U (flown by SwoopUK). Fearing he might see me I ran low, and began preying. After a few heart pounding secs, the F4U disappeared. I then mad a run for A4. I opened the doors, and let the troops fly, all of them landed successfully.  As I turned around I saw to my horror, the F4U was diving on the base fearing that he would shoot the troops, I used my C47 a shield. The F4U, divied in, I preyed that it would work......it didn't. I was blown up in a few hits by the F4U. I felt sad, I had just failed my mission. But suddenly, I saw across the buffer, Field 4 has been captured by the Rooks. I let out cheers of joy, as I had finaly done it. I had finaly caped a Airbase by myself...............

And I now sit back here in the locker room with reporters bugging me. But.........well.......I might as well do it.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH ALL RIGHT I DID IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WO WO WO WO WO WO WO WO WO WO WO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH * chugs beer* YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh * dumps gaterade cooler on himself* YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH

*reporter* Sir where are you going now that you have won the Super Bowl?

*beef* I'm going to Disney land. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Beefcake- The one man airforce for higher
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2000, 07:46:00 PM »
...what a difference a week can make (not to mention a break  )...

funked

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2000, 07:59:00 PM »
LOL!  WTG General Beefcake!

bike killa

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2000, 08:38:00 PM »
Wtg Beef!  

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2000, 10:51:00 PM »
haha

wtg beef  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2000, 12:00:00 AM »
WTG Beef  

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2000, 02:47:00 AM »
Hehehe  

PS what is a Blonde or a Brunette sitting on your lap when U did this ?

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2000, 09:23:00 AM »
er, Beef....sorry to burst your bubble but....um....yeah it's possible.  Done it myself a few times.  During low usage hours or when enemy Dar is down.......

Trouble is, just one enemy who notices you can completely screw up your plans.  I've had many a covert attempt foiled by a lone M16......

However, find someone to fly the C47 and the attack will be over and done too quick for anyone to react in time.  

Lighting strike op.

Anyway, back to that A4 capture.  Aye mate,  that was real fun.  ;-)  When I wuz in the 109 I completely screwed the dive onto you, went past at about 400ft.....doing about 480mph.   I really thought I was safe going at that speed, thought I could just climb up again and come down for another pass....but oh noooooo.  Damn fine shooting that.  But I wasnt badly damaged.  Right flap and engine.  Anyway, coasted in for a landing (with Beef making low passes trying to shoot me....lol) and then got up in a F4-U real quick.

"Hmmmm, where the shreck did he go?"  Thought I.

I just knew you'd come back with a C-47 so I cruised around a bit.  Finally started getting bored so I climbed to 15k and began to head south to hook up with some other Bish.  Well blow me down if I didn't suddenly notice a real low dot about a mile east of A4.

Diving, diving, diving....."Shit, not gonna get there in time.....shit, toejam, toejam, toejam. ARSE."  Thought I.

So this C47 makes a low pass over A4 and turns around to land.  It's just rolling down the runway when I finally get there and put 100 20mm into it.  Boom.

"YEEEEHAAAAA!"  Thought I.

30 seconds later A4 is captured.....I never even saw the troops.

"Balls."  Thought I.

;-)

Swoop

[This message has been edited by Swoop (edited 05-12-2000).]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2000, 09:26:00 AM »
Isnt goon flying fun..
now try to capture 12 from 37 this way...You got .5 hrs from the drop of the first ack to the goon has to be back... Betcha the guy cappin it felt silly. Remember the goons not going anywhere ...get the troops first...
>

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2000, 12:26:00 PM »
About 2 weeks ago myself and 2 others took 12 from the closest base we had at the time.  This base happened to be 6.  (Don't ask me why we picked that base.  Maybe the beer and pizza nearby had something to do with it...)  Anyway we had a goon, and myself and one other person flying b17s.  We flew in at a low level (20 minute flight mind you) all the way until the target.  Once we were in vis of the target both of us bombers popped up to 12k and smashed the acks and radar.  Somehow we had avoided detection and no cons rose to meet us, so we called in the goon.  As he was nearing the base a single La5 upped.  I dove down to a lower level and slowed down, hoping to draw his attention.  It worked, and I was able to drag the La5 far north of the base.  Our gooney landed and released his troops.  As soon as we had the base, I blasted the La5 out of the air.  

I personally find this time of mission a lot more fun than the buff & goon routine.  (Back in beta tour 2 I probably captured 30 fields that way.   ) A little bit of courage and more than a bit of luck often make for the most fun missions of all IMO.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

funked

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »
Yeah Bloom25, we pulled the same thing on the Bishops the other night at A20!  It was a thing of beauty!  All the ackstars chased a couple of our planes south while I cruised in and dropped the Polish Parachute Brigade!