Author Topic: Undo Recent Arena Player Load Balance Alteration  (Read 285 times)

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
Undo Recent Arena Player Load Balance Alteration
« on: October 20, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »
Since the Late war arena was hitting capacity the AH2 server admins have implemented a change, this week, whereas there are now two late war arenas with dynamic capacities for player population control for each arena.  I guess this is one way to deal with the issue.  However, I wish that a better solution could be found.

I get used to one theater of operations, on a map, a war that goes on for several days.  I get accustomed to working with the same people.  I like to witness the progress (or loss thereof) of a particular war, on a particular map, while it ensues, which can go on for several days.  Under the new load control system I cannot commit myself to one theater of operations, in one war, working with the same group of players.

Actually, I prefer the early war arena, however, there tends to be 15 or fewer players in there, so I end up committing to the late war arena.  

Perhaps there needs to be more incentive to encourage players to participate in the early war arena, or mid war arena.  Perhaps score incentives, or some other alteration in the dynamics that is not major, but just enough to encourage more people to participate in those arenas.

It would also be nice if there was an arena dedicated to novice players, perhaps not allowing paid subscription account users to enter if their account is older than one year.

I honestly don't intend on sounding like a winy boy here, but I would really like the recent load balancing system to be reverted back to the way it was before.  

Thank you for providing this area of the forum to receive customer feedback!

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Undo Recent Arena Player Load Balance Alteration
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 05:19:23 PM »
If it were me I'd just have a Pacific and European theater and be done with it.