Author Topic: How about a Fw 200C-3 bomber  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Col. Flashman

• Zinc Member
How about a Fw 200C-3 bomber
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 02:06:51 PM »
Originally posted by Denholm
First of all it's Lufthansa, and second of all 747's were post-war.:p

Excuse me for leaving out a letter & using a "z" instead of an "s" while typing this in between 0300-0400 this morning & our you always nasty little nit picker?
What the 'ell has a 747 have to do w/ a Condor being the main Airliner of the '30s for Lufthansa transporting passengers to their destinations?

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 09:20:48 AM »
The 747 has very much to do with the subject. When you mention an airliner, everyone thinks of modern day, the majority of Lufthansa's fleet intended for long-haul to carry maximum passengers is the B-747. Their currently buying the A-380, yet there are only about 3 airports that can currently support the HUGE aircraft.

So, next time please describe why your mentioning the airliner, first thoughts will always be modern day!:aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2006, 03:00:07 AM »
In the context of AH, set in the 1940's, my last thought was 747. I certainly did not think modern day - it makes no sense in AH. I thought the 747 reference was really weird.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline Col. Flashman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2006, 07:54:21 PM »
My belief exactly, he interprited it that way because he wished to.
We were discussing the "Condor", which just happened to have been the Primary Airliner during the '30s for Lufthanza before it had been Press Ganged into service as Long Range Bombing Missions of Convoys by the Luftwaffa.