Author Topic: Add altitude and ROC to E6B  (Read 569 times)

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
Add altitude and ROC to E6B
« on: December 26, 2006, 03:07:34 AM »
Was wondering if ASL could be added to E6B, and if AGL has any importance in the game, add it too, as well as ROC.

Thanks

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 04:23:16 AM »
ROC and ASL are on gauges in the cockpit. There's no real reason to make them more accurate than they are that I can think of.

And if you're thinking of alt for the bombsight for some reason, it displays current alt and speed there.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 09:09:09 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
ROC and ASL are on gauges in the cockpit. There's no real reason to make them more accurate than they are that I can think of.

So you are saying there was no reason for putting IAS, TAS and remaining fuel on the E6B chart either since they on gauges too, right.

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 12:53:44 PM »
Altitude would be a nice feature to add to the E6B:aok

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 02:45:50 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662

And if you're thinking of alt for the bombsight for some reason, it displays current alt and speed there.
Clearly your eyes, or your FE are better then mine. I can't read the new instrument gauges in the cockpit and I'm told htc won't allow the skinners to replace them so I'm also in favor of adding these to the E6B.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 04:16:37 PM »
Easycor, do you have a CRT?

I could barely read them, as well. They were almost unreadable unless I jacked up the gamma and made the game look like crap. My monitor was going south, and it had lost the ability to create shades of grey. My new CRT shows things just fine. In fact, too fine. I had to drop the monitor brightness level and then reduce the gamma back to normal in AH before it looked good again.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 05:17:26 PM »
Originally posted by Old Sport
So you are saying there was no reason for putting IAS, TAS and remaining fuel on the E6B chart either since they on gauges too, right.

IAS, TAS, and fuel remaining; yes. I've never used them. Range and time remaining, those are handy.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 05:58:31 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Easycor, do you have a CRT?
Both, nice off brand 19" CRT and a 19" Sony LCD. It isn't the monitor, it's the blury bitmaps used for the instruments even at 1024 res.

It's simple enough to export the gauges along with the skins and take a look. The dials aren't great but they're useable. It's the numbers and lables that give me trouble.  I find myself closing one eye and pressing my nose against the screen sometimes.

j/k... barely... but without zoom I'd have to try it. :lol
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 10:18:17 PM »
I know what you mean, before I got my LCD I had a VERY hard time even seeing the numbers.

However I can't see how it's that bad if you have a new monitor. Have you checked out any color-correction/gamma-correction websites, to see if anything is wrong with the monitor itself?

at 800x600res and higher you shouldn't have any blurring of the dials. At 512 and higher texture resolution (different from screen size) you shouldn't have any blurring either. I got away with 256 texture size without any dials going blurry. Something might be wrong.

Check out: http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/
If your monitor is way off on the dark end it will show up on this page. If your darks show up just fine you should have no problems viewing it as I see it. If you have problems then you can probably check your vid card color correction or maybe you have adobe gamma loader screwing your settings up, or something.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 06:49:21 PM »
IMO the E6b already shows way too much info way too accurately........ its already a precision bombing aid..................

My view is that the E6B button should reveal one of these

then when you press a button that says calculate the dials turn to the correct current settings then you have to mouse over to zoom into the part of the calculator you want to read.

Your E6B is then a "snapshot" which has to be re calculated rather than a digital read out continuously rendered
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:58:24 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere