Author Topic: is new ma that bad?  (Read 245 times)

Offline devil956

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
is new ma that bad?
« on: October 25, 2006, 07:41:19 PM »
i was thinkin bout gettin on MA this christmas but ive been hearing negative things in 8player and in threads. any opinions?

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
is new ma that bad?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 07:52:13 PM »
My opinion is form your own, it is the clearest path to satisifaction and most certainly the cheapest in many forms of exchange.

I for one am excited by a recognition and concern for "community"  by the creators of an online sim and hopeful that steps taken with that in mind will be successful.  Community is something that has been sorely lacking for many years in this genre.  I'd gladly take 4800 baud, 1.99/hr and cash in all eye candy to achieve the community of the old days of WBs.  Funny how a 100 players seemed like a lot, maybe we shouldn't of cheered so loud when that mark was set.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:05:02 PM by TheBug »
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
is new ma that bad?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 08:12:34 PM »
arena's are actually much better.  fights are very good at times, generally much better than the old ma.  if you don't like what is happening in 1 arena, you can just move to another.  banter on 200 is still there, but is toned down and generally more like ribbing.  many more "gfs" and are given.  this has been my experience.

keep in mind, people tend to post things that bother them here, but rarely do you see people post how much they enjoy it....because they don't need the attention.  also be careful about what people say in H2H, afterall many in there are not paying to fly in MA and some may just be bitter former customers or something.  no offense to H2Her's, just speaking in general terms, and trying to maybe put an idea of your sampling population.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
is new ma that bad?
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 08:28:23 PM »
No, the new MA is much like the old MA, except that there are 4 now, and they're smaller. I would actually say that things are better now than they were a few months ago, but there are definitely some who aren't, at least for the moment, adjusting well.

mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech