Author Topic: Confused here ! Who's the bad guy ?  (Read 369 times)

Offline Phil

• Copper Member
Confused here ! Who's the bad guy ?
« on: November 11, 2006, 07:18:56 AM »
Gents

Ok, I'm new at this game. I don't know "sh..." all about the game of CHESS...  :rolleyes:  (bishops, Rookies....)
Started the game 2 weeks ago and I was for the GREEN TEAM:rofl

I went on HUNTING holidays and when I came back, MAN I WAS ANXIOUS TO GO FLYIN' AGAIN....

Here I go, log on to the game and while on the tarmac, I see planes with ORANGE icons taking off with me:rolleyes:
I believe I'm still for the GREEN team:lol
Why are these planes taking off ! Are they being highjacked :(
NOW I'm not sure wich team I'm on !!!!:cry Was I changed team from GREEN to ORANGE ???
So OFF I go..... I know for sure the RED icons are EA. So I sight one in ! Boom she's out :aok  Next, a nice ORANGE icon and Tak tak tak tak ! Boom she also gone for the deck !  !!!!!
Next thing I see in the CHAT box is: "OPP7755 stay away from me !"
NOw I'm not sure why this guy post this one up (?) Is it because WE ARE NOW TEAMED up ? Or is it simply that the guy wanted his victories to himself ?
Anyone reading this, If I shot you down, I'm apolagize ! Didn't mean too !
The BIG question is, DO TEAMS join up once in a while ?:rofl

OPP7755
Phil

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 07:34:10 AM »
Phil...yes green are friends, and red are enemies, but there is more to the icon system than that.  Friends can be additional colors to note things like they are tuned to the same voice channel you are, or they are members of the squad you belong to (if you join a squad), or they are part of the mission you are in (if you join a mission).  

You can also adjust icon colors in options.  I found orange too close to red for my taste, and have squad and channel icons as white.

At any rate, the color is not the key piece of info for country affiliation.  Enemies are always red, no matter what country you belong to, and the generic friendly icon color is always green.  The key piece of info is the square at the start of every icon that has the chess piece shape in it to show whether that plane belongs to knights, bishops, or rooks.

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 09:53:13 AM »
Most of the time youi're not going to notice what that peice at the begining is though.

The actual key here is that RED are enemy. EVERYTHING else is a FRIEND! Unless ofcourse you change the default colors. Or your color blind, or your color setting son your monitor are messed up.
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy