Author Topic: NHL Season 06/07  (Read 1268 times)

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
NHL Season 06/07
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2006, 05:36:47 AM »
Originally posted by doobs
Blue they playin great, they don't look anything like the team on opening night in the first two periods.

Last night was ugly for the Sabres. If they were playing like they know they can the score would have been insane. Miller saved us last night.

The amazing thing is that all the Sabres fans are treating every game as if it was the playoffs or the Stanley Cup itself. Each game is the highlight of everyday. It also helps that the Sabres have outscored the Bills early into the Sabres season.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 05:44:28 AM by BlueJ1 »
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
NHL Season 06/07
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2006, 07:51:28 AM »
Well, the Sabres lost last night 5-4 to the Thrashers in a shootout. Atlanta was playing very well. The Sabres simply lost.

The crowd stayed standing and cheering well after their last goal. And after the team lost in the shootout the crowd stood silent for a few seconds then burst out into applause and cheering for our team that made their opening to the season 10-0. The Sabres grouped up at their bench then skated to center ice and the team raised their sticks to the fans in salute. Either way 10-0 still ties the all time best. Not to mention it is a new record for the new NHL.

On another note Crosby had a great night. His first hat trick I hear.
U.S.N.
OEF 08-09'

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
NHL Season 06/07
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2006, 06:55:36 PM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1

On another note Crosby had a great night. His first hat trick I hear.

Mmmm hmmm! And Malkin scored again as well.  Five goals in five games.  Not exactly an easy thing for a rookie to do :)

The Penguins absolutely trashed the Flyers, at Philadelphia...  It was somewhat strange because I felt the Flyers were running circles around the Pens for most of the 1st period...  In the 2nd though, the Pens just exploded.

After a season like last year's, and bad luck for years before that, I'm hesitant to say a corner has been turned...  I almost expect everything to come crashing down soon...  But it's still October, and still ok to dream ;)

I'll say if they keep playing like they have this month, they'll make the playoffs, or, at the very least, make a very strong push for them.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
NHL Season 06/07
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »
I agree. By the looks of it the new NHl's start is allowing the underdogs to ake the lead that the more dominant teams have held for the history of the the league.
U.S.N.
OEF 08-09'

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
NHL Season 06/07
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2006, 11:12:07 AM »
Heads up for anyone wanting to watch a game with alot of goals tonight. The Sabres play Phili in their arena. :aok
U.S.N.
OEF 08-09'

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
What a team
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2006, 08:45:12 PM »
BUFFALO SABRES TAKE FIRST PLACE OVERALL IN NHL TONIGHT!!!

CONGRADS SABRES

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Re: What a team
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2006, 09:05:07 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
BUFFALO SABRES TAKE FIRST PLACE OVERALL IN NHL TONIGHT!!!

CONGRADS SABRES

We'vebeen there for awhile. ;)

It was a amazing game tonight.
U.S.N.
OEF 08-09'