Author Topic: B26 Throttle Lock  (Read 222 times)

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
B26 Throttle Lock
« on: November 25, 2006, 03:10:37 PM »
In one of my rare B26 runs to kill ack, the left engine was hit and started losing oil.  When oil went away and engine locked, so did throttle.  Since throttle wasn't at zero, I completed run and dropped rest of ordinance.  

Was heading back to base (out of habit) and a Hurricane 2C came up on my six. In the battle, I transferred to another plane w/out engine damage (#3).  When I killed the Hurri, the lead (#1) plane was dead and it looks like #3 then took lead.  

So, the Hurricane taking out the point(#1) plane caused the throttle to start working again.  Otherwise I would be stuck with a nonfunctional throttle.   It looks like the throttle lock is a bug.

Regards,

Malta
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 03:44:00 PM by stantond »

Offline FireBeta

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bf2videos.com
B26 Throttle Lock
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »
Ok, just in case this ever happens again, Im wondering if its like if you loose an engine and try to restart them. Mine sometimes dont start.... Not sure though just a suggestion.;)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
B26 Throttle Lock
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 07:10:20 PM »
It's a bug with all twin-engined planes. You'll notice it in 110s, P38s, and other planes. You might think "CTRL E" but you'd be wrong. You have to see which engine is dead, and then hit CTRL 1 or CTRL 2 to select that engine. THEN the controls work again.

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
B26 Throttle Lock
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 09:03:46 PM »
me thinks its shift 1, 2 ect