Author Topic: FR slowed with flashing "start" button  (Read 403 times)

Offline Kobruh

• Zinc Member
FR slowed with flashing "start" button
« on: November 24, 2001, 06:55:00 PM »
With the latest update, I am experienceing a slowed and jerky frame rate accompanied with a sporadically flashing "Start" button in the lower left of my screen.  Sometimes the game starts normally, then after a few minutes, it happens.  Doesn't seem to do it offline, just online.  It makes the game unplayable!  Help!  I MUST FLY!  :confused:

Offline ~Kraz~

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.krazations.com
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »
I too am experiencing this phenomenon.  
I just got a new computer:
Pent4 1.6Ghz, 128meg RAM, 64meg Vid (Gforce2), WinME.
And I am not seeing any improvement over my old P350.  
Also, the flickering Start button appears occasionally.  Most of the time, exiting AH and restarting seems to help.  However, I discovered that turning off the Windows Automatic Update Reminder helps too…

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: ~Kraz~ ]

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2001, 04:21:00 AM »
Defrag after any patch helps alot now . Didn't have to do this before now it's a must .

slowed and jerky frame rate

Does it do it in time with your "Host que" signel ? Mine used to do that sometimes , when I was using a ATI Radeon video card . Dosn't now with nVidia card in . Don't know why either ????
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2001, 05:49:00 AM »
Make sure you don't have the network monitoring icon flashing in your taskbar.. That has been a problem for some and your problem sounds like it could well be caused by that.

If you have nothing flashing and ringing on the back of your aces high (icq, messenger - doh..) then check that your firewall has been properly reconfigured to accept the new executable from the patch.