Author Topic: A vote for a planeset  (Read 360 times)

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
A vote for a planeset
« on: May 14, 2000, 05:20:00 AM »
Got thinking after replying on the thread about the Hurricane....Would you guys like to see HTC make a concious decision on adding to a specific planeset after the announced planes have been done? By this I mean that now we have the terrain editor well on its way to being released and all kinds of possibilities for scenarios looming would you like to see HTC make a decision to lean towards perhaps a european planeset with Hurri's and HE111's, JU88's, Wellingtons, Stuka's or perhaps a more Pacific orientated planeset with Zero's, Frank's, Kate's, B25's, P47's, Wildcat's, Hellcats ETC

One thing that spolit the immersion factor in early Warbirds scenarios was when CM's had to 'pretend' a certain plane was somethign else in a scenario. If HTC decided on doing one of the above planesets then by the time somebody organises and runs a couple of events HTC can be working on the next planeset and so on and so on..what do you think? good/bad idea?

------------------

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
A vote for a planeset
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2000, 10:12:00 AM »
Always a good idea to add! I hated the "substitution/pretend it's a xxxx-nnnn!"  in AW too.

Hazed

A vote for a planeset
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2000, 10:46:00 AM »
i think personally id like to see an equal amount of european/pacific theatre planes added myself that way we are all pleased.I recently read specs on the 109f4 however and it stated that its max speed was 334mph at sea level and 388mph at 21,300ft but i dont often seem to get more than 300-320mph in AH and it got me wondering if speeds etc are really modelled as accurately as i thought.now bombers are seemingly incredibly tough and corsairs are outperforming european theatre planes which i assumed were much better fighters otherwise why didnt the americans use them in europe?...i think haveing each years model of each plane is a great idea as scenarios will be a superb eye opener for the initial exellence of axis planes that were over taken by later allied fighters performance.
 i for one want accuracy as well as fun  

-towd_

A vote for a planeset
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2000, 11:04:00 PM »
what haze said ditto