Author Topic: Cross Country Communication  (Read 603 times)

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Cross Country Communication
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:24:08 AM »
I am sure this has been discussed and debated since this game started, so this is going to be real 'johnny come lately'

I wonder though, why the cross country communication is allowed.  For example, a squad can continue to communicate via text even if they are playing on different countries.

People can private text eachother across different countries, and of course there is channel 200 where everyone can see it.

Doesn't seem a good idea to me.  The only times I get private texted, like by 'oDALLASo' last night, is to talk smack or try to taunt.  It also seems it would only promote this so called 'spying' action.

For those that just play for the furball or quick shootem up, this type of communication is probably just fine.  For the guys who like to play the strategy and capture, you always wonder when or if misssions and whatnot are being ratted out.

Channel 200 seems fine to me, as everyone can see it.  As far as the other though, strikes me as peculiar and open for subversive or devisive playstyle.  If players wanted to communicate across country, why not just limit it to DA or TA, rather than the MA?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 10:26:43 AM by DREDger »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:26:59 AM »
Someone still peeing in your cheerios i take it?

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 10:33:36 AM »
99% of the time, the "spying" people talk about isn't spying at all -- it's being able to read a map.

Mission busting happens when guys stumble across a formation, or when guys patrol over strats, or when they notice a DAR bar appearing and disappearing (i.e. an NOE mission with poor flight discipline). Or, they just figure a spot that looks like one THEY'D attack if the shoe were on the other foot. Also -- don't forget that with 400 people on a small map, sheer random player distribution will make discovery very likely!

SO there really isnt a problem with "spying."

On the other hand, with squads spread across potentially 3 countries and 5 arenas, any HTC intervention that limits communication would have far reaching negative effects indeed.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Re: Cross Country Communication
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 12:26:50 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger
I am sure this has been discussed and debated since this game started, so this is going to be real 'johnny come lately'

I wonder though, why the cross country communication is allowed.  For example, a squad can continue to communicate via text even if they are playing on different countries.

People can private text eachother across different countries, and of course there is channel 200 where everyone can see it.

Doesn't seem a good idea to me.  The only times I get private texted, like by 'oDALLASo' last night, is to talk smack or try to taunt.  It also seems it would only promote this so called 'spying' action.

For those that just play for the furball or quick shootem up, this type of communication is probably just fine.  For the guys who like to play the strategy and capture, you always wonder when or if misssions and whatnot are being ratted out.

Channel 200 seems fine to me, as everyone can see it.  As far as the other though, strikes me as peculiar and open for subversive or devisive playstyle.  If players wanted to communicate across country, why not just limit it to DA or TA, rather than the MA?

What about yahoos with two accounts or two people with cell phones?

Communication happens.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 12:39:42 PM »
What about yahoos with two accounts or two people with cell phones?

Good point, impossible to stop that kind of occurance; limiting cross country talk isn't going to solve anything.  Dual accounters too, which if I were HTC, I would encourage as just one more monthly due coming in.

Probably most cross country talk a means for large squads to communicate and good natured trash talking.

Anyway, talked myself out of this post, just forget it.

Bronk, by all means continue to post non relevent subjects on this post.  Maybe something on global warming or geopolitics?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 12:46:44 PM »
If it was not relevant you wouldn't still be whining about it.
Now would you ?

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 12:47:38 PM »
You can tell by Bronks avitar that he's a flamer. Fitting  :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 12:50:21 PM »
That's why I fly a pretty in pink spitfire.
:D

Care to have a go at it Kuhn nothing to be afraid of . It's pink.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 12:53:25 PM »
PINK scares me!!!!!:eek:
325th Checkertails

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 05:05:01 PM »
Dredger is just mad about 36 last night :aok

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 09:50:31 PM »
:lol

Offline Spiked

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 11:26:04 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Someone still peeing in your cheerios i take it?

Bronk

Sigh ... and yet another unexpected one liner causes my precious beer to explode threw my nose.  (which I might add hurts like hell).

Carry on....

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 03:33:43 PM »
Because getting having someone whine on 200 or by PM is teh elite.  HTC couldn't possibly take away the comedy club that 200 is sometimes.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
99% of the time, the "spying" people talk about isn't spying at all -- it's being able to read a map.

Hammer meet head, sorry nail!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"