Author Topic: Blue sky goes out of sync...  (Read 355 times)

SD237Circles

Blue sky goes out of sync...
« on: September 18, 2000, 02:37:00 AM »
...in normal flight everything that would be blue sky is only 3 colors (yellow,green,and blue) seperated into horizontal lines that are all out of sync, it makes the plane labels very difficult to read and generally looks bad....I'm seeing clear blue sky through the small area around the crosshairs and when experiencing any change in G-Force, for example when you pull back too hard you start to go black, at that point I'm able to see normal blue sky combined with the effects of a  blackout this is normal, but when I snap back to level flight it goes out of sync again, same results when redding out too.

I'm running with these settings...

VooDoo2 DirectX 7 Driver
800x600
16bit

I've tried many variations of all the settings and have had no luck resolving the problem.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

------------------
    SD237th Circles
     -------------
www.screamingdevils.com

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2000, 08:57:00 AM »
Is that DX7 or DX 7.0a.

If you aren't sure, re-install the latest DX7a just to be sure.

Also, you can try deleting video.cfg from your AH folder and re-setting all of your video info for the game just to be certain.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2000, 01:24:00 PM »
Hi SD237Circles, (Hope I never have to give you a six call)  

I run a Voodoo 2 and have had some funny video problems in the past. One thing I would suggest is make sure everything is swithed off in the video card setup in display properties. (Biliniar thingies & z buffering etc), Mine gets quite upset if I set any of these on.

Just a thought

TTFN
snafu

SD237Circles

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2000, 06:51:00 AM »
Yes, I'm running the latest DX 7a
and I've disabled options on the VooDoo2 settings, trying out different variations. In fact I just completely wiped the game out and reinstalled to be sure. Still no luck yet. If I could somehow make the reticle graphic bigger to cover the entire visible area It would be clear.

------------------
    SD237th Circles
     -------------
www.screamingdevils.com

SD237Circles

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2000, 08:02:00 PM »
Well, it now seems to be a problem with DX7a, I uninstalled 7a (best I could) and reinstalled DX 6 and the blue sky problem is fixed looks great however my joystick no longer works So I reinstalled to get the joy back. I thought maybe I could use the 3DFXV2.DRV and associated files from DX6 to run Aces High but I don't think DX7 will work like that, at least it didn't work for me. There should be a way to point the game to specified 3D drivers but I'm not sure Really shouldn't have to run an old version of DX to get it to work anyway. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.