Author Topic: I'm sure I'll get slapped for this...  (Read 423 times)

VWE

I'm sure I'll get slapped for this...
« on: March 08, 2007, 07:42:43 AM »
I have an old IMB think pad T20 I use in Iraq to trouble shoot radar problems. Now most of my time is spent twiddlin my thumbs waiting for a fault to show up. System specs: PIII 700, Win2000pro, 512 meg ram, 32 meg video, 30 gig hard drive. Not a smoking system by any means but its more than enough for what its intended purpose is. So back to the twiddlin my thumbs portion of this story. I have a few simple games but really wanted a flight sim. While searching the net for an old version of flight sim 98 I came across this. It is a very basic flight sym but also very well done. Its only a 6.5 meg download but blows my mind how well it plays. If any of you old timers remember a title called "Chuck Yeagers advanced combat simulator" this is as close to that as I remember. You can also play it against others over the net. :aok

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 07:48:41 AM »
I remember the Chuck Yeager sim :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 07:49:05 AM »
Love your avatar VWE. :rofl

My Stink pad died on me about 2 years ago, after roughly 4 faithful years of company service.  It had lost a nipple, the "Y" key fell off, and the hard drive used to pop up messages saying "Add more coal if you want me to go any faster" so it was retired.

VWE

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 08:03:53 AM »
Yeah, me too... it fits for this board. Just ran across a retarded Cartmen avatar, its 64x64 and would be perfect for an L.T.A.R.  

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 04:12:49 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Yeah, me too... it fits for this board. Just ran across a retarded Cartmen avatar, its 64x64 and would be perfect for an L.T.A.R.  

Jeez, VWE, warn us before you post something like that.  You could be liable for spewed drinks.  But thanks for the laugh.

VWE

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 12:43:08 AM »
Come on, you know better than to come to the O'club with a drink in hand...

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 09:59:19 AM »
Originally posted by VWE
Come on, you know better than to come to the O'club with a drink in hand...

Geeez..............and I thought it was a requirement. ;)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »
Originally posted by VWE

HEY!!!!!

LTARmac

:furious

VWE

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 02:02:46 PM »
Sorry, I didn't know any of the L.T.A.R's could actually read...

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »
I have the T23 and it has worked perfecly from day one. Very solid piece of kit. I used to play AH1 on it with very solid framerates, and now it works perfectly for making and uploading tech drawings to our computer controlled milling machine. :)

VWE

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 02:37:43 PM »
Is that a PIII 1.2? Still a very workable system... I really think these old workhorses are priceless. This one has a brand new screen, I didn't replace but the previous owner did.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 02:49:55 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Is that a PIII 1.2? Still a very workable system... I really think these old workhorses are priceless. This one has a brand new screen, I didn't replace but the previous owner did.

Its an 866mhz with the 13,3" screen. They cost a bundle and a half back when i bought it, and the 13,3" was the "cheapest". I have had thinkpads for a long time so i went for that rather than another brand with better specs for the same money, and i dont regret it.

I have always saved a buck here and there and thats why am i were i am today :)

Thankfully it seems that Lenovo has managed to keep the very high standards that IBM set with them.