Author Topic: Game pausing then starting up again  (Read 397 times)

Offline CheeseHead

• Zinc Member
Game pausing then starting up again
« on: January 04, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
It's only happened a total of 5 or so times since version 1.05 came out, and usually it's not an issue if I'm just grabbing after take off. But tonight I was just starting to fire on the enemy when everything will just freeze, the sound effect of my guns was going, for about 5 seconds. When it un-freezes my guns were still firing, even when I wasn't pressing the trigger! The emptied the entire full ammo load. Like I said, not usually an issue, til I'm trying to fight.

CheezHed
Win2000 Pro, DX8
P3 550 192 Mb RAM
Geforce DDR (hardware acc. decreased 1 notch)
CH Combatstick/Pro Throttle/Rudders

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2001, 11:19:00 AM »
Sounds like something is happening in the background.  What else are you running?  You should stop everything you can before you play.  Things like virus checkers will do this, as will other automated tasks.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline CheeseHead

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
I don't have anything else running in the background. Aces always ran fine and didn't 'stutter' like it does now until 2 patches ago. Just one of those things I guess.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2001, 12:47:00 PM »
How about doing this ? Download the base . Uninstall the game and defrag then install it agian with out patching the game . Might be the "fix" u need . We have had one hell of a lot of patches . Maybe one installed weird .

gl in any case .

spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2001, 02:00:00 PM »
Hi all,
 I get this occasionaly. For me at least it seems to be "Roger Wilco" related. I have found that if I "alt-tab" to Desktop immediately after it happens I either have a RW error or the number of people on the channel has changed. this does not seem to be any different whether I am "Hosting" or have "Joined".

Might be worth a check

TTFN
snafu

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2001, 01:57:00 AM »
I get this type of thing happening when RW dumps occur.  If the guy hosting your RW session gets dumped, everyone on his channel will "freeze" for about 5 - 10 seconds.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS