Author Topic: Some Ideas  (Read 186 times)

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
Some Ideas
« on: May 01, 2007, 04:36:56 PM »
I am relatively new in the AH On-Line Arenas (AHOLA) and Id like to write about some ideas of mine that some of you may find interesting.

I) The first one has to do with a new arena concept that may be added to the existing arenas, under the term “Late War Jet Arena” (LAWAJA). I think it’s quite obvious for what purpose this arena is about.
(I mean late war designs that reached at least the wind tunnel testing, or the begging  of a production phase, or a prototype even if it never made a first flight  before the end of WWII, and not a 1946 possible jet war arena, that may include a lot of paper drawings). Candidate Jet Aircrafts:

US: P 59 Airacomet, P 79 Flying Ram, P 80 Shooting Star, Consolidated Vultee XP-81, Bell XP-83,

Germany: Me 262,He 162, Me 163, Natter Bachem Ba 349, Me P.1101, He 132, Blohm & Voss BV P.211.02, He 178, He 280, Ju 287, Ta 183,

Great Britain: Miles M 52, de Havilland Vampire Gloster E.28/39, Gloster Meteor

Jápan: Nakajima Kikka Ki-200, Nakajima Ki-201 Karyu, Kawanishi K-200 (I’m not so sure about this specific design), Yokosuka R2Y

Soviet Union: La 150, La 152, I-250, Yak-15, MiG-9

II) Live update of  AHOLA events in the official AH Website. Many times during my visit in the AH website, when I’m at the office, i wondering of how the game is evolving, since I can’t visit the arenas, for obvious reasons. So I think it would be great for anyone outsider or even for a subscriber too to get a glimpse of what is happening through a special portal with info that are exist in the roster section.  Furthermore in the near or far future they can added info like which base is under attack, announcements like “System PanosGR landed 25 victories in a Spit Mk I”, (ok lol) or even in a very remote time a live coverage from inside the arena. At least it will be the first time that a web surfer can watch an online game through a camera lets say in the Tower, and who knows sometime anyone can watch online games through cable TV!!!!

III) Squadron Championship. An event that can take place twice a year, with the participation of all the SQs in the AHOLA. Two of the best SQs for the year will compete for the top year SQ. Number of players and other details are to be discussed. Finally I insist that this event must broadcast live through the site, for all the rest.

PS. I’m not so optimistic about the LAWAJA idea. That is because it took several voting, and a whole patch to digitize only one aircraft. Just imagine the time will need it for all these new types. But anyhow is just an idea

Sorry for my poor English. Hope that all you understand what I’m writing about

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Re: Some Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 04:52:26 PM »
Originally posted by PanosGR
I am relatively new in the AH On-Line Arenas (AHOLA) and Id like to write about some ideas of mine that some of you may find interesting.

I) The first one has to do with a new arena concept that may be added to the existing arenas, under the term “Late War Jet Arena” (LAWAJA). I think it’s quite obvious for what purpose this arena is about.
(I mean late war designs that reached at least the wind tunnel testing, or the begging  of a production phase, or a prototype even if it never made a first flight  before the end of WWII, and not a 1946 possible jet war arena, that may include a lot of paper drawings). Candidate Jet Aircrafts:

US: P 59 Airacomet, P 79 Flying Ram, P 80 Shooting Star, Consolidated Vultee XP-81, Bell XP-83,

Germany: Me 262,He 162, Me 163, Natter Bachem Ba 349, Me P.1101, He 132, Blohm & Voss BV P.211.02, He 178, He 280, Ju 287, Ta 183,

Great Britain: Miles M 52, de Havilland Vampire Gloster E.28/39, Gloster Meteor

Jápan: Nakajima Kikka Ki-200, Nakajima Ki-201 Karyu, Kawanishi K-200 (I’m not so sure about this specific design), Yokosuka R2Y

Soviet Union: La 150, La 152, I-250, Yak-15, MiG-9

II) Live update of  AHOLA events in the official AH Website. Many times during my visit in the AH website, when I’m at the office, i wondering of how the game is evolving, since I can’t visit the arenas, for obvious reasons. So I think it would be great for anyone outsider or even for a subscriber too to get a glimpse of what is happening through a special portal with info that are exist in the roster section.  Furthermore in the near or far future they can added info like which base is under attack, announcements like “System PanosGR landed 25 victories in a Spit Mk I”, (ok lol) or even in a very remote time a live coverage from inside the arena. At least it will be the first time that a web surfer can watch an online game through a camera lets say in the Tower, and who knows sometime anyone can watch online games through cable TV!!!!

III) Squadron Championship. An event that can take place twice a year, with the participation of all the SQs in the AHOLA. Two of the best SQs for the year will compete for the top year SQ. Number of players and other details are to be discussed. Finally I insist that this event must broadcast live through the site, for all the rest.

PS. I’m not so optimistic about the LAWAJA idea. That is because it took several voting, and a whole patch to digitize only one aircraft. Just imagine the time will need it for all these new types. But anyhow is just an idea

Sorry for my poor English. Hope that all you understand what I’m writing about
Idea one is brought up from time to time. Not a bad idea but I think the owners are working on other things. Maybe down the road.

Idea #2 I'll be honest, I don't quite understand what you're asking for?

As for 3, other gamers use to host a dueling contest but it went under due to lack of interest. It's ashame, I liked it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++