Author Topic: New version gunnery  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: New version gunnery
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 04:51:06 PM »
Originally posted by richard_rd
Hit percentage while in attack mode can't be used as a measuring tool for how accurate your ACM gunnery skills are.  While in attack mode you get credit for hits on ground objects like buildings, hangers, GV's.

It is for Furtard since he doesnt pwn shedz or Tonka Toys, even in attack mode he only pwns aircraft.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
New version gunnery
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 05:26:23 PM »
I've gotten hit sprites the past few nights on fighters with the 37mm cannon in the Yak-9T and with the 40mm cannons in the Hurri IID and watched them fly away.  Those guns will normally take down a fighter with one hit.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
New version gunnery
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 05:32:47 PM »
My hit% is down but I attribute it to using this POS logitech stick since my saitek gave out. I have noticed more freezes with ack or tracers flyin.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: New version gunnery
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
Is anyone else having trouble with their gunnery since the new terrain came out?  It seems that my bullets pass through people without having any effect.  I think it may be my reduced FPS since the update...

Anyways, i went to check to see if it was just me being paranoid, or if i am indeed missing more shots now.

I always score as attack.

My gunnery this tour is currently at 10.77%

Last tour it was 16.47% and the two tours before that 18.01% and 16.85%.

This sucks, it seems i set up perfect shots and i just miss.  Anyone else having problems? :( :(

heck! i've benn having trouble with my gunnery from day one!!!!:rofl

in all seriousness though........i AM finally improving.......actually up to just over 11%!!!!:aok   maybe someday i'll hit that 16% even.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
New version gunnery
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 10:19:30 PM »
My problem is not being able to $$$%^$^^ SEE stuff--since the new thingie, there is this obnoxious HAZE on everything, and it doesn't seem to get any less at close range, (also causes me much eye pain from squinting--I have a 22 inch monitor) so depth perception, my ability to judge his angle/flight path is off, and I pretty much only fly P47, and I often wonder WHERE my  bullets go--there are SO many, how could ya fire at ANYthing and miss:furious
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: New version gunnery
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2007, 01:46:03 AM »
Originally posted by richard_rd
Hit percentage while in attack mode can't be used as a measuring tool for how accurate your ACM gunnery skills are.  While in attack mode you get credit for hits on ground objects like buildings, hangers, GV's.

Now hit percentage in fighter mode is an accurate measuring tool of your ACM gunnery skills because you only get credit for hits on other aircraft.  

As an example, my hit percentage in Fighter mode usually average between 6 to 8%.  But my hit % in attack mode averages around 40 - 60% because i strafe a lot of buildings down in towns when trying to capture them.

So unless you are absolutely sure you have not straffed ground objects while in Attack mode you can't use hit% as a messure of your ACM gunnery skills while in attack mode.  And if all you do in attack mode is air to air and never strafe ground objects, then you should choose fighter mode instead.

I really dont care about rank which is why i always score as attack.  I only go after aircraft, occasionally shoot at GV's if there is nothing in the air to kill.

The only time i score as fighter is when i cannot score as attack (262): -

This tour fighter hit % - 14.74%

Last two tours - (didnt fly any fighter sorties last tour, so going back 3) 20.63% and 19.20%.  So another drop of around 6%.

So you will see, my hit% as fighter is actually more than it is when i am scored as attack because i do not shoot at buildings, and all my sorties in fighter mode are made up of 30mm ones.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
New version gunnery
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 02:31:38 AM »
Yes, the occurance of screen stutter as you start to fire on a bandit is definitely way, way up since the update.  Very noticeable and extremely annoying.

As for bullet hits, etc.  I'm repeatedly seeing aircraft that I am carefully tracking as they pass in front of me, where I have a well-prepared deflection gun solution setup in advance at 100-300ft, only to have the bandit pass completely through my bullet stream without registering a single hit sprite or any damage.    

Previously, it was more likely than not, I'd at least get one hit, if not serious damage or a kill.  I'm talking about a very close, simple and deliberate passing shot.  This was a standard bread 'n butter setup for me.  Now, starting since the last full update, I see this no hit scenario occur 3-4 times a day with no rhyme or reason.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
New version gunnery
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007, 02:49:52 AM »
Been seeing my tracers go through planes like ghosts, no damage. My gunnery sucks but it's really in the toilet now.:furious
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New version gunnery
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 05:43:52 AM »
Yep somethings up . 20-26% to 5% in fightermode ..all ive used fighter mode for since last nov is hit % ... somethings not right here . :(
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
New version gunnery
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 12:17:32 PM »
Pretty much the same furball, not that I'm uber by any stretch of the imagination, but I have been hitting things with no effect, or seems like theirs no effect, glad to see theirs others out their with similar issues.