Author Topic: Starting to Pay Off  (Read 493 times)

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Starting to Pay Off
« on: June 08, 2007, 02:32:59 PM »
My training is starting to pay off.  

I knew I was dead going into it with a C-205 against a La-7 and P-51.  But I barreled rolled a few times, took a look out back to see them still there, hit my flaps in a turn and they went right on by, but then I forgot what was next.  As I was reading the 2 on 1 portion of my training manual, poof, just like that, back in the tower.

Thanks to my training guys, you know who you are.  I got me a few kills this tour, so far.

205 is great for bombers, even up high.  Not very agile in dogfight, not by me, maybe a skilled guy.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Starting to Pay Off
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
Glad to hear that!  Train with me some time...

Since we're both noobs.  Oh, and may I reccomend the N1k?  I absolutely ADORE that plane... and the only plane that can out-turn it is the a6m5b.  

Pm me and we'll arrange a time.  We'll just dog-fight and then 'discuss' it.
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Starting to Pay Off
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 09:41:01 PM »
Originally posted by Oogly50
Oh, and may I reccomend the N1k?  I absolutely ADORE that plane... and the only plane that can out-turn it is the a6m5b.

Not true. HurriI, HurriIIc, all spits (maybe not the 14), 109e, 109f, fm2, f4f, f6f, a corsair with a good pilot, ki84, and depending on pilot skill and E state you will find a few others. Not to mention the a6m2, which itself turns better than the a6m5b. Don't get me wrong, the Niki certainly is a good turner, but nowhere near the level you describe.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Starting to Pay Off
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:42:23 AM »
the way I fly it does.  I've beaten half the spits (and yes... even the 14) I've beaten 3 types of 109's.  In a slow turn fight the N1k's the one to have.

Atleast... thats what I think.
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Starting to Pay Off
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 09:44:58 AM »
hey Daubie,

just a quick hint on the macchi planez, go looking for Krusty (same krusty of the skinner department) and fly with him some in the 205.

he really has a solid grip on flying those beasts, not longer than a few months back he landed 12 victories in a C202.

look him up in game, and as for a few sorties winging, you will learn a huge ammount about the C2 in a very short time. I've seen krusty regularly busting up spit16s and La7s in his humble 205.

snaphook also, flies the C2s alot.

both excelent trainers.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Starting to Pay Off
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 11:25:46 AM »
Oogly, you have yet to fly the spitv.

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Thanks
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 03:15:03 PM »
Thanks guys.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Starting to Pay Off
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 03:45:12 PM »
I flew the spitV a long time ago.  Lots of kills... but everybody called me a dweeb.  

Peer pressure...  IT sucks

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Starting to Pay Off
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 03:53:26 PM »
Originally posted by Oogly50
I flew the spitV a long time ago.  Lots of kills... but everybody called me a dweeb.  

For flying a Spit V?????

(BTW, always fly a plane you want to fly, not what they tell you to fly ;) )
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Starting to Pay Off
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 06:45:10 PM »
yea... I'm not a much-liked person