Author Topic: how to start a task group  (Read 312 times)

Offline kevinsky18

• Zinc Member
how to start a task group
« on: June 16, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »
Im interested in learning how to start and use a task group.  I found a bit of a write up on strategies but no real details on how to actually get one started.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 03:45:46 PM »
"You" can't actually "start" one.  They spawn automatically from the ports.  One CV/ task group per port.  If it (the CV) gets killed, the task group will die a few minutes later (15?) and a new task group will spawn from the port.

If the port is captured, the new CV will belong to the capturing team.  A good strategy is to locate the enemy CV, then capture the port.  Then kill the CV, and the new one will belong to your team.  If you kill the CV first, it will re-spawn near the port you are trying to capture.  That could make the port capture more difficult. (As it will still be an enemy CV)

In order to "direct" a task group, click on "Task groups" on the clipboard.  Then click on "Take Command".  You may need to select one task group first, if several are listed.

Note-  ANYONE (on your team) with a lower overall rank than you can take command of the task group away from you.  This is one of the incentives to having a low overall rank.

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 05:04:23 PM »
Originally posted by mtnman
This is one of the incentives to having a low overall rank.

MtnMan
Pretty much the only real incentive for that.
Army of Muppets

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 02:51:52 PM »
I'm in total agreement wetrat!  

But since it is a post about commanding Task Groups, I figured it was a valid point.

I've actually controlled a CV here and there.  I found it less than exciting.  As a matter of fact the only time I can even bear the excitement is when I take control for 5 seconds or so to turn it out of the path of bombers.

I really do like the CV battles though!  (At least until someone wrecks it by sinking the CV!)

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 03:04:09 PM »
Answers are here:  Player commanded task groups
and strategies for it here: Task group operations by Widewing