Author Topic: Hajo & The Gang of Fighters...Wed Nite Fights  (Read 307 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Hajo & The Gang of Fighters...Wed Nite Fights
« on: June 27, 2007, 04:31:51 PM »
Gents, I have a pop-up engagement until 10PM Central tonite so I'll probably miss you all in the MW.

Sorry, I was really looking forward to some good action.

Next week I'm on vacation to SD to fix up the pheasant hunting farm house, so I'm out of it for two weeks.

Keep it going!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:26:10 PM »
Toad thanks for posting.  I missed it also.  Had some horrendous weather roll through and Cable went out.   Just came back on now (10:25PM EDST)

Hope it was well attended.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:25:43 PM »
wed night fights!!!!

where do I sign up?

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 08:21:55 AM »
Plummr.......we meet at 9PM EDST 8PM Central in the MW right now.

I usually get in touch with Toad to find which side he is flying on so as to come in on the same side.  Might be all of us against the world there, or we split up into two sides and just fight with a cap, aircraft choice is up to the individual.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 08:55:34 AM »
Generally, the idea is to get some good 1 v 1 fights going.  If you see two people engaged, let them fight it out to the death. Then give the survivor a minute to get his bearings, build a bit of E and then attack him unmercifully 1 v 1 until someone loses.

5k above the local terrain is considered as max alt until engaging and diving from 10K passing through 5k and then calling "fight's on" is considered poor form.  :)

Now, it doesn't always work like this. Sometimes the milkmaids already in MW get annoyed and try to fight. That usually results in a milkmaid slaughter by all hands. That can be fun too. Hajo can tell you about this.

Also, you have to expect griefers that will hear about this and come just to cherry pick such goings on.

The important thing is to get a bunch of people together that like fighter air combat. Seems like things just naturally take care of themselves after that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline duddini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 10:25:22 AM »
I missed this last night also. I'm glad to hear you guys are going to continue it, I hope I can learn a few things. I really like the 5k ceiling "rule", I have a hard enough time surviving for long in the MA without some wanna-be astronaut diving on me from 12k :)