Author Topic: NOOBIE which Laptop  (Read 258 times)

Offline Buzzard

• Zinc Member
NOOBIE which Laptop
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:53:57 AM »
I'm currently playing Skyfighters1945 OSX on a mac ibook. It's fun, and the online fighting is free, but not much action. Thinking of getting into AcesHigh II.

Can anyone recommend a laptop that will handle the demands of AcesHighII...and also not break the bank?

Thanks

Offline FireOf59

• Copper Member
Laptops
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »
Since I'm planning on travelling (A LOT) this summer; I just bought a new laptop for work and for AHII.
Depending on your def of "breaking the bank", I got an HP Pavilion dv9000 with (beleive it or not) Vista Ultimate 64 Bit. It has an Nvidia Graphics card with 256 dedicated Video RAM and 2 Gig RAM installed. Total cost was around $2300 at a Fry's Electronics in Chicago.
Try Frys Online, Tigerdirect, etc. for sales

It worked great on AHII.

Dont Go To Dell; Several State's Atty general's are suing them for service issues.
I would HIGHLY recommend staying away from a new Dell. I recently bought my wife a Dell due to always being completely happy with their service...Thats recently gone to crap; We've had nothing but problems with her laptop and I get no service from them.

Good Luck
(Below specs are from Homebuilt desktop)

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
Laptop Flyers Please post
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 09:04:13 AM »
Travel, and I would like to fly.... what laptop requirements... good video Card vs, "wont work if you pushed it uphill..."

I appreciate it

Offline FireOf59

• Copper Member
Travel laptop
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 02:49:50 PM »
daMIG,
The laptop I spelled out in my first paragraph above works great, even over a weak wireless hotel connection. FPS isnt as good as my much stronger desktop with direct connect to my cable modem but I got no lag or stuttering. It all worked well.

Oh, get a decent cheap joystick that will travel well and has twisty for rudders....

Fireof59

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
Thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 08:49:52 AM »
I appreciate the post!

Thanks and Happy hunting

Offline Buzzard

• Zinc Member
NOOBIE which Laptop
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:11:09 AM »
hey guys, thanks for all the input. however, i just discoverd targetware, and my ibook seems to be up for it.

thanks again, and
 good luck in the sky