Author Topic: Recovering from a flat spin?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Recovering from a flat spin?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »
Originally posted by CAP1
you were about 4 times as high as you needed to be.....there's never anything up there:O :O  

dont be silly...he was probly either winging with or hunting AKAK ;)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Recovering from a flat spin?
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 02:47:26 PM »
Do not confuse real life with AH.  In AH you can recover many ways, but the sure one is to turn off the engine(s)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Re: Re: Recovering from a flat spin?
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 05:09:32 PM »
Originally posted by 68slayr
dont be silly...he was probly either winging with or hunting AKAK ;)
:O :O

aaww mannn..now ya did it....now storchi poo's gonna come in and tell him to do strange things with akak:O :O :O

:rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Do not confuse real life with AH.  In AH you can recover many ways, but the sure one is to turn off the engine(s)

ok..it seems as i was very wrong bout the throttle........my apologies.....when i get into spins, i'm almost always working it...but i don't spin the 38 too often..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 06:14:15 PM »

Dedalos is exactly correct. Hit the E key, stop the engine or engines and recovery is usually swift.

I have set up a 30k field in the Training Arena with all of the ETO aircraft and a few others to boot. This field in the A3 (Bishops).

For example, you can air-spawn from A3 to A1 at 30k using the SE runway.

When you spawn, the engine is off and the landing gear are down. If you have auto-takeoff on, the engine(s) will start. If so, hit E to kill the engine(s). Raise you gear immediately and get the nose down. Once the aircraft is settled into a dive, start the engines.

Spitfires, the Mossy and P-38s will usually get into a flat spin when air-spawning with the engines starting.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 08:36:12 PM »
Unless you are in a spit V.  Just enjoy the float to the ground then lol

:D

Originally posted by Widewing
Dedalos is exactly correct. Hit the E key, stop the engine or engines and recovery is usually swift.

I have set up a 30k field in the Training Arena with all of the ETO aircraft and a few others to boot...............Spitfires, the Mossy and P-38s will usually get into a flat spin when air-spawning with the engines starting.

this field was a fantastic idea, thanks! we use it alot on the east spawn point for friendly TA furballs.

Try rolling an SBD or D3A off the runway? was their inclusion intentional to demonstrate how they cant handle the thin air? it is totaly impossible to take off from the runways in those two planes.

30k spawns was a great addition!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 08:42:43 PM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 09:49:11 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV

30k spawns was a great addition!

the 30K alt bases & Air Spawns was put in to the new Terrain design mainly for data gathering & Aircraft testing purposes for the Trainers & people like dtango, Brooke, Badboy, Widewing, Mosq etc.......if you ever done any thorough data gathering for different alts, you quickly find out how time consuming it is.....

much easier to start at the top & work your way down the Alt ladder gathering test data than to take off and grab the high alt, saves alot of time.......

then Widewing found greater use with it for the up coming CT part of Aces high ( CT as in Combat Tour ) with his clinics he started holding in the TA.....

Thanks goes to Dux for the making a Map for us with what we asked for it to be.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Flame 2 the boy

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Recovering from a flat spin?
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 11:33:46 AM »
Originally posted by CAP1
you were about 4 times as high as you needed to be.....there's never anything up there:O :O

must b a rook :D