Author Topic: do we have a Ju87G-2  (Read 784 times)

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 08:09:33 AM »
Wikpedia Search:

"The Stuka's design featured some innovative features, including automatic pull-up dive brakes under both wings to ensure that the plane recovered from its attack dive even if the pilot blacked out from the high acceleration, and a wind-powered siren under its nose that wailed during dives to frighten its victims. These were named "Trumpets of Jericho" by Junkers and were a form of psychological warfare. "

Air siren used to be here in the game , but removed from the modeling a couple of years ago.

No reason given.

68ROX

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 08:19:35 AM »
Originally posted by 68ROX
The JU-87 with the gondolla "tank buster" cannons would be nice.

It would be a little added help when those gv's are massing and the field ord is down.

68ROX

Agreed, and there should be one available at each VB and port too.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 08:28:23 AM »
Originally posted by Stampf

Once I thought this too, but now my opinion is that there should be a place where you can roll into without being instantly blasted by the sky.
Also the defender has already some advantages (Tower view, sitting still and listening for ib vehicles engine sounds, easy landing & fast respawn). Now adding a plane which can be used to spot/kill flanking tanks a few seconds after takeoff will greatly change the balance to the defender's favour.

(And btw, while I sure would like to see the 87G, there are already planes that can easily stop GV's attacking airfields when VH and ords are down ;))
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 10:43:43 AM »
Air siren used to be here in the game , but removed from the modeling a couple of years ago.

No reason given.

68ROX

Are you sure about that? I know there was a siren sound as part of a soundpack/custom sound, which, IIRC, replaced the wind sound, but I don't recall there ever being a siren for the 87.

When was the 87 added? Anyone recall? I was under the impression it's only been added in the last few years.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 11:15:56 AM »
Erm.. no.

The Ju87 is one of the earliest planes in the game. If it wasn't in the initial release, it was very shortly afterwards.

It has a "generation 1" skin format, and is low res and hard to skin.

Also, I recall it being in the game as far back in AH1 times as I can remember. It never had a siren.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 12:13:47 PM »

No reason given.

68ROX

We have the D-3 model, it never had a siren in real life nor in the game.  Waffle had made a siren for the wind noise to simulate the siren but that's the closest our Ju87 got to having a siren.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 12:25:32 PM »
Originally posted by Stampf

For one rotation of FesterMA I think (or was it Trinity?), the map that has the strings of V bases in the canyons, HTC enabled Hurri IIDs at those canyon V bases. I seem to be the only one who noticed. The next time the map came around they were disabled again. It was nice if for no other reason than you could spot with it. I can kill GVs with it, but most cant so I think it could be available at all V bases and ports without killing the GV game.

Offline PanzerIV

• Nickel Member
      • http://17thawsquad.aowc.net/main.asp
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 12:31:49 PM »
The Ju87 G-1 could  twin 37mm gondolas, along with the 7.7mm guns.
It had a lower ceiling than the D3.
It would probably do good in an anti tank role-anti-ship role but not much else, it only had 6 rounds to each gun.
It was slow and had a low service ceiling so it wouldn't be valid to intercept bombers.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 02:26:46 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Erm.. no.

The Ju87 is one of the earliest planes in the game. If it wasn't in the initial release, it was very shortly afterwards.

It has a "generation 1" skin format, and is low res and hard to skin.

Also, I recall it being in the game as far back in AH1 times as I can remember. It never had a siren.

It doesn't appear in stats until tour 35.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 02:33:21 PM »
Well, I've been playing AH on and off since it came out of beta. I don't recall any point at which the Ju87 was added, hence why I believe it was always there.

And the stats going back that far aren't foolproof. It was there for years in AH1 (that I know for a fact), but I don't know when it was introduced for sure. Just waaaaay back, is all.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 02:47:53 PM »
Ju 87D-3 "Stuka" was added in patch 1.11, in December 2002 (tour 35)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Well, I've been playing AH on and off since it came out of beta. I don't recall any point at which the Ju87 was added, hence why I believe it was always there.

And the stats going back that far aren't foolproof. It was there for years in AH1 (that I know for a fact), but I don't know when it was introduced for sure. Just waaaaay back, is all.

Linky:

http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72895
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »
Holy Blast From The Past, Batman!!!

Wow, I thought they purged old threads every once in a while!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
do we have a Ju87G-2
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2007, 08:43:47 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
For one rotation of FesterMA I think (or was it Trinity?), the map that has the strings of V bases in the canyons, HTC enabled Hurri IIDs at those canyon V bases. I seem to be the only one who noticed. The next time the map came around they were disabled again. It was nice if for no other reason than you could spot with it. I can kill GVs with it, but most cant so I think it could be available at all V bases and ports without killing the GV game.

OZKansas had certain planes enabled at the ports and V bases ... but that didn't last long ...  :(
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."