Author Topic: Remove EF Capability from Chute  (Read 939 times)

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Remove EF Capability from Chute
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 12:54:46 PM »
True some would relish the attention, but for the rest of us, we would know who the coward was and if said coward was on my side.....I could then squelch them and also make sure not to wing up with such slime as well as direct the squad to consider said slime persona non-grata(sp?)
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 04:07:02 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
...You want to stop people from bailing, then ask for that. Like no bailing from an undamaged plane...

I like this idea, perhaps code is so that you can't bail until you are hit critically (i.e. pilot wound, wing missing, stab(s) missing).
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 04:35:09 PM »
Originally posted by Denholm
I like this idea, perhaps code is so that you can't bail until you are hit critically (i.e. pilot wound, wing missing, stab(s) missing).

In that case, they will just auger.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 04:48:04 PM »
or alt-F4 :rolleyes:

Face it, you're trying to CONTROL how other players use their planes. Rather than control them, you need to allow them to do what they want and simply limit the impact of their actions (like, say, suggest increasing the proxy range on bombers to include all of icon range)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 05:08:29 PM »
I hate .ef in chutes it make chute killing almost impossible :(

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 05:14:52 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
In that case, they will just auger.

Thats okay, that counts as a death which will affect their oh so precious k/d rate rather than a bail.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 05:19:16 PM »
Hate to say it, but you bail or auger and your K/D goes sour. The second you're out of the plane, and it WASN'T on the runway, your stats go down the crapper.

Doesn't matter if you bail safely or if you die instantly, because you lost the ride. Your K/D counts bails and deaths the same: they're both a loss of ride.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 05:19:38 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
Thats okay, that counts as a death which will affect their oh so precious k/d rate rather than a bail.

That makes no difference for K/D
For K/D determination, Bail, Death and captured are all a "Death". Only Ditch & Landed do help you.

Usually the bomb'n'bailers are about the last people in this game caring for any kind of score or ranks.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »
Thanks for the clarification on k/d rate.