Author Topic: Secure Server???  (Read 366 times)

Offline Skorpyon

• Copper Member
Secure Server???
« on: February 10, 2000, 04:37:00 PM »
I just read Ronni's message on the News board that the web site would be down so HTC could install and test a secure server.  PLEASE tell me this isn't the first one in the system, and that all our financial info wasn't floated thru on an unsecured server!  There was no visible indication on the subscribe screen, or anywhere else that I have seen, that guarantees that HTC has been using a secure server for subscription info.  Please educate me, as I would hope my extreme trust in this matter wasn't misguided.  Thanks.

Offline Ronni

• Nickel Member
Secure Server???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2000, 04:56:00 PM »

No, your financial information was not "floated thru on an unsecured server".

Today's secure server installation secures our web page.  After I get the kinks worked out of the cgi scripts, our customers will be able to change their account information over the web through this secure server.

I'll post a note when everything is functioning.

Ronni

------------------
Veronica "Ronni" Newman
Sr. Programmer/Webmaster
HiTech Creations, Inc.

Offline Skorpyon

• Copper Member
Secure Server???
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2000, 05:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  Didn't mean to be too paranoid, but it is surprising how many sites still expect you to purchase items without them providing a secure server with which to do so.  I was sure HTC had already taken care of this, but I guess I over-reacted a bit to your post...reading between the lines a bit too much for my own good.  

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Secure Server???
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2000, 08:35:00 PM »
Thanks Ronni. I was hoping you folks were going to do that.
If my PC with AH on it had ever gone kaput I'd have had no way to suspend or cancel till I was back online again.

-Westy