Author Topic: OE files in Vista  (Read 324 times)

Offline DarkCrow

• Zinc Member
OE files in Vista
« on: August 09, 2007, 08:11:47 PM »
Just installed Vista on my pc, Home Basic not premium. Was working on a feild in OE and hit build with tile properties set correctly. Checked the ah2editor>ahiiterr and there wasn't a folder even after hitting compatability files. My OE object  was in the folder. I copied it and put it in the folder I created in folder and it didn't show up in TE.I tried creating the folder and hit build in OE again and it didn't show in that folder. If anybody is familiar with Vista any help provided will be appreciated.
 Thanx again
  DrkCrow

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
OE files in Vista
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:37:42 AM »
Its not a problem of vista, and it really doesn't matter which folder the newly built object shows up in. Yes, you place it in the "texsrc" folder after you've built the shape. Then open your terrain in the TE. It won't show up after loading, what you do is you go to: File>Open / Load. Now select your terrain from the list (Even if it's already open) and select to Open / Load the terrain. This "refreshes" the object list and your custom object should appear.:aok
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline DarkCrow

• Zinc Member
OE files in Vista
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 07:10:39 PM »
I'm sorry Denholm I didn't mention that I did that step. I've used this version of TE and OE quite frequently with XP and have had to do that, so I just did it out of habbit.
 Thanx for the reply though,
    DarkCrow

Also I know that the objects name has to be eight or less characters in order for it to show in TE.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 07:26:51 PM by DarkCrow »