Author Topic: <Salute> Unknown Pilot  (Read 474 times)

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
<Salute> Unknown Pilot
« on: August 11, 2007, 12:26:52 AM »
To the lone Zero pilot over A11 I think, that held off two to three F4U's for so long!

It was a testament to defensive flying, you are a credit to your team for tying up enemy aircraft for so long, alone.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
<Salute> Unknown Pilot
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 01:21:09 AM »
Greyga!

I had 12bb's left and missing elevator when you showed up while I was going to land.

You guys were winging together very nicely.  Glad I could give you another kill.:mad:

Also to the P38 between A40 and A30 towards the end of the frame.  You were the one who shot my elevator off.  I was able to get away from you because I had 2 others show up nearby.  It was a long fight we had.  It was on the deck the whole time.  Again, I had no ammo to fight.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
<Salute> Unknown Pilot
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 01:31:54 AM »
Actually, that was my Squad mate JRCCrow. (check logs)

I will let him know Tin.  :aok

BTW, He will admit he was doing a lot of ACK hugging ;)

But at one point I saw 4-5 F4U's and he was solo, so what ya gonna do? :lol

Kermit, geryga got you, he was F4F.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 03:20:39 AM by SLED »
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
<Salute> Unknown Pilot
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 01:44:45 AM »
Originally posted by SLED

BTW, He will admit he was doing a lot of ACK hugging ;)

But at one point I saw 4-5 F4U's and he was solo, so what ya gonna do?

Hell yeah he was, and fair play to him for doing it too! He did an excellent job of really pissing us off by staying alive and if the situation was reversed, I'd be getting personal with the ack too!

EDIT: Incidentally, if he had gone to put down I would have called the wing off and let him land - not wanting to risk planes on a run through the ack. The only reason we stayed was that I didn't want him airborne and creeping around behind us. However, I bet he had the time of his life tonight.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 01:55:52 AM by TinmanX »
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
<Salute> Unknown Pilot
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 12:46:43 PM »
Yea, I had a blast, I was actually the first A6 you guys chased back to the base, two of you guys drove me down to the deck I actually rearmed and came back up.   Good excersize to keep your head on a swivel with F4Us diving on you.  Figured it would be good gunnery practice for you guys too.  Was waiting for the two man oposite angels pass, couldn't quite keep my bearing with the second man and boom, I was a goner :aok

Lots of fun

Originally posted by TinmanX
Hell yeah he was, and fair play to him for doing it too! He did an excellent job of really pissing us off by staying alive and if the situation was reversed, I'd be getting personal with the ack too!

EDIT: Incidentally, if he had gone to put down I would have called the wing off and let him land - not wanting to risk planes on a run through the ack. The only reason we stayed was that I didn't want him airborne and creeping around behind us. However, I bet he had the time of his life tonight.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
<Salute> Unknown Pilot
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »
Actually, Greyga got the proxy. It was I that actually killed Kermit.

I was walking back to friendly territory when I saw this beatup Jap ride coming by. I tossed a rock and it went through that paper mache' and knocked off Kermit's fuel line. He asploded like a the dragons at the Japanese parades. Pretty colors and such.

Don't fly so low next time froggy.

:rofl
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.