Author Topic: keep getting discos, internet still on  (Read 175 times)

Offline Snubby

• Copper Member
keep getting discos, internet still on
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:47:55 PM »
I dont get it, and its only started happening in the past 2 days..  

3 times now i see UDP lost switching to TCP or whatever.. then within 10 seconds or so.. "host connection lost"..

but my internet is on and working, and I can go right back and connect and play some more..

no file sharing crap or anything like that running..  

ive NEVER had any issues with getting discoed EVER, I know its nothing going on with the ISP beacue thats who I work for and they would let me know because Im on call..

I did a ping test to this site sent, 100 packets, 0 loss and ping constant..

after the last disco I popped over to speekeasy and did a speedtest, 10887 down, 954 up,  so its not a bandwidth issue..

its irritating because ALL 3 TIMES it happened when in a fight, the last time, I was D400 from a f6f that didn't even know I was there, getting ready to open the hose... and he vanished (have film)

before that I was in a furball, and before that I was over a CV rolling in to drop bombs...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:50:49 PM by Snubby »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
keep getting discos, internet still on
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:24:58 AM »
Are you on a wireless connection?  Just asking.

That aside, have you tried running a Ping Plot (http://www.pnigplotter.com) after getting dropped to see if there is an issue with the Internet itself?

This time of year (school just starting) it is not unusual for there to be many problems around the Internet.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com