Author Topic: copper clappers  (Read 159 times)

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
copper clappers
« on: October 05, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
Jack Webb & Johnny Carson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4RIBhQIkII
:aok Don't make funnies like this anymore.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
copper clappers
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 12:54:57 AM »
Its cool to run accross old Carson clips.  The man was a genius in his field.  Jay and Dave cant hold a candle to him either.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
copper clappers
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 01:09:10 AM »
Thanks TxMom... Like trip back into the past.

Loved it.

:aok

Mac

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
copper clappers
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 01:16:13 AM »
That was great! I had seen it a few years ago and it sure was good to see it again.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
copper clappers
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 03:34:43 AM »
That was the only time Jack Webb made fun of his "Joe Friday" character. He was offered the role of Dean Wormer in Animal House but turned it down because he thought it would degrade his character.

Webb was not the tight laced "Joe Friday" he became type cast as. He started out his career as the comic relief, and was very good at it. He wore long hair until his leading role in "The D.I." when his crew cut became his signature. Unfortunately, his big break directing and starring in "The Last Time I Saw Charlie" with Robert Mitchum flopped, his Network Programming job was yanked and his marrage to Julie London ended. It was right about then he was given a one time TV movie shot for an updated version of his old radio show Dragnet. He parlayed that into a string of reality TV classics.

He is the only civilian buried with full LAPD honors. Joe Friday's LAPD badge number 714 has been retired.

Just the facts.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.