Author Topic: Are you in the 'Danger Zone'?  (Read 718 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Are you in the 'Danger Zone'?
« on: December 10, 2007, 07:50:53 PM »
I've only been in the 'Danger Zone' for a few months now. Whew...its so dangerous.

Earlier today, while in the Danger Zone, the bishops were attacking a Rook field on the lower portion of the island map. We went over there high and mighty creating a dar bar as big as can be. We quickly took down town and started to deack the field, unfortunately a few Rooks witnessed this carnage. They weren't going to let us get their base this easily. The Rook uppers quickly killed the fighters (Bishops) and took control of the area.

Fortunately for the Bishops we had several vehicle spawns in which we could run M3's. Both spawns were abnormally far from town. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for reentry into the 'Danger Zone'.

I spawned my M3 and started rolling. I chose the spawnpoint which would not be in the path of enemy fighters. Incidently the spawn was about a 5 minute longer drive than the other. The journey to the town was uneventful and long. I would say it took 11 minutes to arrive at town. I drove straight through town and dropped my troops at the map room. As my 8th troop was running, 1 random building popped on the edge of town. Dangit...my troops were useless. I killed the building, but knew I wouldn't get the map room kill. Moments later we got the base.

The capture gave me both happiness and anger at the same time (more happiness of course). Why couldn't I get the map room? Why couldn't I be the virtual hero? It was my fate I guess.

My experience with the 'Danger Zone' is unique to me. Please give vivid accounts of your experiences with the 'Danger Zone'. Explain how you overcame the odds and accomplished something great in our virtual world. Trollers you are welcome to troll, just as long as you ask me first.:aok
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »
By danger zone you mean the one part of that big map where all three sides vh bases and air bases are pretty close together and its one giant furball?  If so, I actually have a lot of fun taking a K-4 up to 10-12 k and just circling around waiting for a good 1v1 up there, and just watching/listening to what's going on "down there."  Even if I have to rtb fuel with no action its actually pretty fun.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »
Thanks a lot 24. Gonna be singing that stupid song all night now.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:48:22 PM »
Here ya Go Mom, you may as well have a visual too, since the song is now stuck in your head. :D

Danger Zone
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 08:52:37 PM »
LOL  ~ thanks Hondo ~ now I'm gonna have to watch the whole dang movie tonight (should I be admitting publicly that I have that movie?):lol
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 11:58:43 PM »
Originally posted by SFCHONDO
Here ya Go Mom, you may as well have a visual too, since the song is now stuck in your head. :D

Danger Zone

So, um, Hondo,,, buddy,,,, is a,,, is ava seeing anybody,,,, does she ever mention me?
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 12:03:07 AM »
Originally posted by yanksfan
So, um, Hondo,,, buddy,,,, is a,,, is ava seeing anybody,,,, does she ever mention me?

Mentions you everday....God your becoming a pain for me....LOL...
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 11:12:37 AM »
Here is an write up I did a week ago.

On Saturday 1st December Thndregg was putting together his usual assortment of missions in Plateau map.  We had taken a couple of bases with Flaydone rolling a goon.  We attempted to take another deep base so Flayd flew a goon and landed just out side the radar circle of the base and called for another Thunder Mission.  An NOE 110 raid was called and we set off to flatten the town.  We did an excellent job and flattened the town completely.  Unfortunately a spit took down Flayd.

When I died I checked my clock and Knew I had 45mins to get back to the town with a set of troops.  I upped a goon from our closest base (3 sectors away) and started to head towards the field.  I purposely climbed out and stayed in a sector where we already had green dar showing.  I leveled out at 17K   and was disappointed to see that a few bish were going back to the leveled field causing uppers to defend.  I just wanted them all to die so the uppers would land and I could sneak in to take the field.

As I approached the sector where the town was located The Dar started to grow really fast.  (Dang I thought).  I decided to push on but I cut the throttle, turned off combat trim and headed to the deck, selecting a route to town which would be out of any mission routes coming out of the base.

As I entered the radar circle the field started to flash and I could see a couple of cons up.  One looked to be right over town.  I pushed on.  The lowest con turned out to be buffs but I managed to stay low and out of icon range.  The hi con over town started to head my way.  "Dang, a spit!"  As he got to 5K I landed the goon but I was too far to let the troops out.  Luckily the spit turned and started heading away from base.  I lifted the goon again and flew to just outside town, and landed her nice and softly.  I kicked the goons out and hoped.  I looked at the clock again.  Hmmm 40mins since I was last here.  As the troops ran to the map room the spit appeared again.  He got to 3K out but the field was now bish property.  The spit didn't know what to do as the ack started hitting him.  I thought I would just bail as I was sure the spit would kill me but instead I throttled up and made a dash for the field.  The spit didn't chase me but started deacking the town instead.  I managed to land and thought I needed to get back up to defend, as I was the only bish around.

I put out a help call and upped a Mossie.  As I upped I heard the boom of the spit exploding.  I was now grabbing some alt and I could see a GV killing the ack.  (An M3,  lol)  Somehow he managed to kill them all but I rolled over on him and dropped a 500lber on his head.  A little over kill but I wasn't taking any chances.  There were now 3 other bish there.  I headed back to the spawn and dropped another M3 and a T34.

No more flashing.  They knew it was no good and stopped upping.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 11:47:38 AM »

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 12:23:45 PM »
"Too close for missles, switching to guns!"
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 01:32:25 PM »
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 02:14:42 PM »
Originally posted by 5PointOh

5.0 I think I'm going to start a Kenny Loggins tribute squad. This would look great on a F6-F  :rofl :rofl
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 05:54:01 PM »
TxMom- that is nothing to be ashamed of.  Top Gun is just like Roadhouse and Showgirls, no collection is complete without it! :D
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...