Author Topic: Your most amazing survival?  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Your most amazing survival?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 09:59:42 PM »
I'm in high school.

Not good enough you havent even made it past the first Darwin stage!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 11:14:28 PM »
First time sky diving & the main chute collapses.

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 01:42:45 AM »
Was defending HQ when a osty got me and nailed my wing right off. I did everything i could, switch fuel tanks, trim, lots of rudder. Unfortunately i didn't make it do to lack off lift so i made it about a mile away from base with 5 kills..

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 04:22:15 AM »
I was in a P-47D11 going to check out what looked like an enemy mission heading towards our base. As soon as I got there, there were 8 planes ready and waitin for me, I engaged. After about 20 minutes of fighting, I lost both flaps, 1 aileron, engine oil, 4 guns out of 8, left and right gear, fuel, left elevator, and pilot wound. And SOME how, I had shot down 7 of them, and I ended up augering pulling around to the 8th one.

Ever since then, I will back up the fact that the Jug-11 is the toughest one there is. :aok
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 06:23:55 AM »
I probably have a few amazing ones that top this one here, but it happened recently so I'll post.

Upped in a heavy A-20 fully loaded with ord and 25% fuel.  GVs were spawning into the base.  I was able to dive bomb and destroy 2 flaks and a panzer.  The GVs ceased upping so I took it to the air as I was logged as "Attack."  With friendly skies ahead of me, there was a furball developing, or somewhat of one.  A distinct line between friend and foe lie ahead.  Got up my altitude to around 8k and started to go to work.  As I neared the front lines, a spitfire was being chased by friendlies.  It grabbed my attention when it started heading directly toward me, my 12 oclock.  To my amazement instead of HO'ing, he pulled up right in front of me, possibly looking for a high angle attack on my high 6?  I obliterated his underbelly before he completed the maneuver - Toast!  No more enemies for a few miles at least, as I looked at my fuel gauge.  I've got about 6-7 mins left.  I thought, fine, I'll push towards the air field and it will be a one way trip.  I find myself up against an La7 that I allowed to gain on me.  We did a few scissor maneuvers, very very slight.  Still at high speeds, the La7 continued to miss with his cannons, as I rolled and pulled, rolled and pulled.  Once I had him set up for some decent shots with my turret, I took some shots at him.  Definitely pinged him and maybe took off a piece or two.  He scooped down in fear and I followed with my external view =)  Had E on him as he turned and poof!  Ripped his right wing off and sent him in the dirt.  Hmm.. lost a lot of altitude and needed to get it back!  Only 2 mins of fuel remaining and I continue to push towards the field.  While friendlies danced with higher surrounding enemies, I found my self not targeted with a 38 ahead of me.  It was Pawz!  For some reason he made an awkward maneuver leaving him open once we passed.  I turned, took his wing off, then blasted his fuselage.  I had only seconds remaining on fuel, but the fight had unknowingly moved closer to my base.  A plus for me.  There was a large mound/hill I had to clear before safely landing at home!  I gathered as much energy and speed as I could and started my climb upwards, still attaining at least 225mph.  Bprshhshshghhgshhgs my props went out!  Zero fuel as I cleared the pinnacle.  I had just of 3 thousand feet of altitude above sea level, but the hill sloped ever so slightly as it hit sea level 12 miles ahead.  12 miles with no fuel???  Possible in an A-20?  YES!  Keeping my speed around 175mph to 195mph, I found myself 4 minutes later coming in to the air field with energy to spare.  6 kills landed, half air to ground, half air to air.  What a versatile machine!

Mak even though you hoed me on the merge no biggie I still think your sick in that A 20.  :salute
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 07:58:59 AM »
Pawz, <S>

I did HO ya on the merge, but in an A-20, I have to take every opportunity I can get.  I did put a lot of holes on you the first pass so if that may not have happened, you'd still be alive for a few more passes possibly and I would have been the one burning up.
Mak

Offline Wyld45

• Copper Member
      • AH2 Rough Rider Bugler
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 08:42:51 PM »

23 years and still going,....cranky ol sob, but still going. :furious
RRWyld45  1138th "Rough Riders" Bomber Wing

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 04:14:43 AM »
Here's probably my best survival story.  I had upped an A6M2 off a CV flying against the bish.  We were having a general furball over land between the bish base and our cv.  I got closer and closer to the enemy base.  Suddenly I looked around and all the friendlies had been shot down and I was surrounded by red.  There were like 5 or 6 enemies trying hard to kill me.

I was throwing that crate around like crazy, looking everywhere I could to try to stay out of everyone's guns, and taking a good shot at people when I got the chance.  I was calling out for help but all the help had to fly back from the CV.  I thought I was gonna die but I managed to survive for a few minutes and some fellow nits eventually arrived and I managed to disengage and fly back and land on the CV with my oil out and some other damage, a number of bullet holes, and landed I think 5 kills.