Author Topic: computer failure !  (Read 407 times)

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
computer failure !
« on: August 04, 2008, 02:41:03 PM »
My system has had a major malfunction and is fubar, some of the malfunction is BOOT related--> the steel toe kind :rock  Anyway I am in market for new home PC and maybe one special set up for this game! Cost is not that big of a deal I'd rather it not be too pricey though. If anyone could give me Ideas for optimum system for simulators I would be gratefull--------> TY            SHRECK

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: computer failure !
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 04:31:19 PM »
We really do need a price range that you're comfortable with.  You can go with really really basic for under $400, a solid gamer for $700-800 or a knock-out gamer for $1200-1500.

Aslo, are you building it yourself, having it custom built or buying pre-built?  If building yourself (pretty easy to do and will save you a lot of $) do you have any parts from the old system you will be using in the new one?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 05:40:37 PM »
Build it Shreck. Use an E8500 or an E8400 intel CPU to start with. Everyone that reads these forums will be more than happy to help. If you build it you will know what's in it and the satisfaction of completing a project is enormous. It's just like Legos only you get to turn it on when you're done.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
Getback is right,

If I can successfully build one, anyone can.

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 12:02:11 AM »
 Great thing about AH is that you don't need the top of the line computer to play it. And there is plenty of help in the forum. We may not always agree on the advice but its free and plentiful!

Here's some general guidelines. Good CPU 2.6mhz or faster, Solid MB from good manufacturer(Asus, Gigabyte etc). Stay away from ECS. Hard Drive 7.2 or faster(WD, Seagate), Separate sound card(frees up some frame rate),  Good Computer case like a Antec 900. Buy the best video card and monitor you can find. I think a 22 inch monitor is standard anymore. Video cards; Best card changes almost every two or three months so research before buying. 

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:13:12 AM »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »
It's just like Legos only you get to turn it on when you're done.

Yuh huh? I don't recall ever having the grief playing with lego I got the day I dropped a freshly thermal greased CPU on the brand new carpet. Obviously, it didn't land pins down.  :o

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 11:50:39 AM »
Yuh huh? I don't recall ever having the grief playing with lego I got the day I dropped a freshly thermal greased CPU on the brand new carpet. Obviously, it didn't land pins down.  :o

I guess you never mixed legos and model rocket engines as a kid!
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown