Author Topic: Anybody up for a 30 Second Club?  (Read 370 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Anybody up for a 30 Second Club?
« on: March 12, 2008, 04:35:25 PM »
I posted this in response to "film of the month" but I suspect it deserves its own thread, so I'm starting one.

You ever hear of the 30 second club?

Why not do something similar for AH films? Put together a scene/sequence/clip of 30 seconds (no more, no less), and run those.

Reasons:

full videos take a long time to fully edit and finalize, and many folks (myself included) don't have the time to do any of that work, despite the desire to.

30 seconds is actually a long time, and you can put together quite a nice short story with it

30 seconds is short enough not to drain all ideas from somebody, so that next month they can come back with another idea they have

30 seconds can be easily done in a month, meaning faster turnaround, more submissions, more voting, more overall to watch and enjoy.

So, what do you think? Shall we start a 30 second club?

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Re: Anybody up for a 30 Second Club?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »
I like it.  It's definitely interesting.  You want to start a new thread with all the rules posted at the top, etc?

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:16:21 PM »
Oh, that type of 30 second club...

:eek:
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:28:30 PM »
I'd be interested, have always wanted to post some films, but would rather be flying, so a pass to toss up 30 second ones would be good :)
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.