Author Topic: *****Alliance Missions*****  (Read 1834 times)

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
Re: *****Alliance Missions*****
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2008, 01:55:50 AM »
Hey ROX and company,

I had a blast in the missions the other night, I think it was 3 base captures in one single mission.  Thats sweet team work, kinda reminds me of the old alliance missions.  Glad there back and keep em' coming, look me up when youre on and Ill join for sure.
<S>

:aok

Offline DakOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »
Everyone in this game whether Rook, Bishop or Knight pay their $17 to have fun and play the way they want. So why not just have fun and not worry if someone isn't flying the way you want. Just have fun whichever way you like to fly. <S> to all.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2008, 06:16:01 PM »
Uneccessary force.....is there any other way?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2008, 07:40:40 PM »
I guess what all the other vets said about the Alliance makes me look foolish.I never was much on base capture and missions,so I didn't realize it was a waste of manpower and time.I still had fun,so I will continue to join the Alliance missions.Sorry for not seeing the forest,but for the trees.
Iron Dog

Irondog,

No reason to feel foolish at all. Everybody pays there $15 and has just as much right to "have fun"....if it floats your boat go for it. What you'll find is that a certain segment applaudes this type of stuff and another (myself included) finds it to be the lowest common denomenator of gameplay. Since I have absolutely nothing positive to say about it I'll simply say nothing at all.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »
I agree with you on the hoarding is lame theme only when it is a gaggle of dweebs that just de-ack a field for the intent to vulch but do nothing more.  That is lame, however co-ordinated groups that take bases in an orderly manner with full intent to take virtual territory and find good opposing pilots in the process is fun and not lame.  I have done and still do participate in most types of fights, admitedly I do furball less often as I used to but none the less I have done it.  I have done the missions/FSO/snapshot sceene, the rouge soloist gig, and the furballing.  I like all types and aspects of this sim, just about the only thing that really boils my beans is Ho'in an' rammin' but in both cases it really is my decision to continue on course and let the twit try to HO rather than reset above on my perch and dive in to get his pelt after he goes looking for the next person to HO.  SO in my opinion it is more the gamers that game the sim (IE. the ones who use lancasters as stukas, those that insist on HOing every merge, and well you get the Idea) that are indeed the "lowest common denomenator of gameplay".  But I digress, to each their own.

ROX, again a huge  :salute to you bud.  If youre runnin' a mission give me a holler.